The history of the Westshoremen

btw W...welcome to DCP and doing reviews the week before finals

LOL... hey- I did three years in what Jim Prime Sr. called "The Hot Seat" for a good reason. This is actually FUN. If this had been around in '82, my guess would be that "It'll be close, but Sun's gonna make it happen" would be the consensus, and we'd have done what we did the way we did it and took our best crack at it anyway. :thumbup:

I thought about the way we looked at the reviews, and it was actually pretty cool. I can tell you do a LOT more effect than I do, I'm mainly a hard-core analysis techie-geek. :tongue:

I'm actually pretty excited for DCA as an organization. The three shows I went to were well-attended, a good mix of ages present and the crowd appreciative, and there are a lot of good shows and good ideas being presented by all of the corps. I know Tom Peashey says this repeatedly, some people get all mad and indignant when he does say this, and I have to say he's right. I looked for myself, and I'm very positive about it after seeing several shows for myself. My only wish would have been that I would have gotten to see MBI, Kidsgrove, and the Kilties this season. I know people like the Kilties a ton, they seem to have a corps full of really big-hearted individuals that love what they do from my observations, and I'd like to just see what's happening there for myself to understand it better.

The only things I've found find more fun recently are when I get to play a horn, teach, or break out my NSR 1/32 Gulf-Porsche 917 and stic kit on the slot car track and race it in the IHSR league I participate in. It gets my competition Jones satisfied! :tongue:

Edited by BigW

LOL... hey- I did three years in what Jim Prime Sr. called "The Hot Seat" for a good reason. This is actually FUN. If this had been around in '82, my guess would be that "It'll be close, but Sun's gonna make it happen" would be the consensus, and we'd have done what we did the way we did it and took our best crack at it anyway. :rolleyes:

I thought about the way we looked at the reviews, and it was actually pretty cool. I can tell you do a LOT more effect than I do, I'm mainly a hard-core analysis techie-geek. :tongue:

I'm actually pretty excited for DCA as an organization. The three shows I went to were well-attended, a good mix of ages present and the crowd appreciative, and there are a lot of good shows and good ideas being presented by all of the corps. I know Tom Peashey says this repeatedly, some people get all mad and indignant when he does say this, and I have to say he's right. I looked for myself, and I'm very positive about it after seeing several shows for myself. My only wish would have been that I would have gotten to see MBI, Kidsgrove, and the Kilties this season. I know people like the Kilties a ton, they seem to have a corps full of really big-hearted individuals that love what they do from my observations, and I'd like to just see what's happening there for myself to understand it better.

The only things I've found find more fun recently are when I get to play a horn, teach, or break out my NSR 1/32 Gulf-Porsche 917 and stic kit on the slot car track and race it in the IHSR league I participate in. It gets my competition Jones satisfied! :cool:

That said....remember WAAAAY back in the late 70's early 80's when we had a show EVERY weekend (sometimes TWO!) I think it's a shame that there are only limited amounts of competitive opportunities for the senior corps! The Danville show which was usually the first Saturday of June then Clifton always started a run of travel to all points on the compass, that didn't seem to let up until DCI East weekend for a break, then the last run to finals and Labor Day! I found some cards that had our schedules for some of those years and couldn't believe the amount of traveling we did!

I think when I did Reading in 88 (on a whim since they were really lacking in numbers that year) I did as many shows as they have for a "full" season now a days!

It's also a shame that there's no Hershey show (and my guess is that Hershey priced themselves out of the market for anyone to even attempt to make money on the show) and that the Serenade in Brass is closing up shop!

hershey is done Ben, because no one trusts them now. Hell, they bounced a TOB show this fall so they could bring in Nickleback. ( luckily not ACC's).

and W...i do a ton of effect in the winter, and it looks now like I'm going that way in the fall......tho if you read older reviews, especially for percussion, I was all field mentality

hershey is done Ben, because no one trusts them now. Hell, they bounced a TOB show this fall so they could bring in Nickleback. ( luckily not ACC's).

and W...i do a ton of effect in the winter, and it looks now like I'm going that way in the fall......tho if you read older reviews, especially for percussion, I was all field mentality

There are a LOT of thing Hershey has done in the recent years to pi$$ off the community regarding access to the stadium and it's properties, and the drum corps show is just one of them!

Live out here in Derry Twp. and you'll learn to HATE HERCO and the Hershey companies when you get your tax bill! (don't get me started)

Whomever does the scheduling for anything entertainment related leaves a lot to be desired! They have a horrible name in the concert industry, which is why a lot of bands avoid this place like the plague..now they took over the Theater and after a good first year NOTHING!

well, a concert like Nickleback makes more for them than 30 TOB shows. sadly, they look at number$ only

Why ya gotta bring Tommy Sipe into this! :rolleyes:

I agree though! WOW!!! looking at some of the pictures that have been popping up in places like Facebook, I'm GLAD that I was of the conservative shirt and short wearing contingency (well also to avoid a "T" tan) In fact, I can't believe that I wore LONG PANTS so much, knowing that I avoid them like the #### plague! (I'll be in shorts through October and into November!)

Ha... that's before the days of the JAMS :)

Ha... that's before the days of the JAMS :)

Yeah baby!!! :rolleyes:

Ok...went tot he Rush concert in Allentown last night (awesome as expected) When I first got there and was scoping out the fair and where to go etc. I run into Cecily! and the first thing out of her mouth is "Wanna buy some raffle tickets!" She's a sick unit for sure!!! :rolleyes:

Ok...went tot he Rush concert in Allentown last night (awesome as expected) When I first got there and was scoping out the fair and where to go etc. I run into Cecily! and the first thing out of her mouth is "Wanna buy some raffle tickets!" She's a sick unit for sure!!! :worthy:

:rolleyes::tongue::cool::tongue::worthy::worthy:

And if she don't get you, one of her kids will......

C'mon up to DCA so you can hear that question again......

it was 14 years ago today the Westshoremen won DCA Finals

Edited by Jeff Ream