The history of the Westshoremen

Guess what I just found on YouTube... that 1977 TV broadcast of WSM at Finals....

I never saw this.... :w00t:

I have a pad set up in the basement on a stand, and I rarely touch it. I just dont have the time

I got time...it's just that I don't tap much anymore...Back when I had a crappy computer/slow internet, I keep a pair of sticks on my desk, and I'd tap when stuff was downloading.....now my connection is too fast!! I pick up the sticks and beep....done!

Guess what I just found on YouTube... that 1977 TV broadcast of WSM at Finals....

I never saw this.... :w00t:

you dont check out the corps Facebook page much do ya?

I got time...it's just that I don't tap much anymore...Back when I had a crappy computer/slow internet, I keep a pair of sticks on my desk, and I'd tap when stuff was downloading.....now my connection is too fast!! I pick up the sticks and beep....done!

I don't even have time for that

you dont check out the corps Facebook page much do ya?

Waz zat? Once in a while I try to check our home page (or whatever the Hell it's called) and the corps group page. Too much crap gets puked up on the screen to pick out what's interesting to us. Haven't figured out (too lazy) to cut down what gets displayed and too much eye strain going back to the last time one of us checked in. Like reading some of the subjects on the WSM page. But the stuff I already read is mixed together with the new posts and scanning a bunch o' crap for the new is a strain on the old eyes. Spending 8 or 9 hours a day staring at a screen for work is bad enough. I don't like to spend more than 10-20 minutes at home including checking email.

Hey I even had the mods here remove my Off Topic Forum access so I only see corps related stuff when I hit "Display New Content". LOL and most of my posts here are when I'm taking a "brain break" at one of my work desks (other place has DCP blocked except for lunch).

Edited by JimF-LowBari

I wish some of the people that have video of some of the other years would convert them to digital and post them (or at least make them available to the former members) I'd love to have DVD's of some of the old daze! (Not to mention action shots that people have lurking in their photo albums)

Edited by Jaminbenb

Waz zat? Once in a while I try to check our home page (or whatever the Hell it's called) and the corps group page. Too much crap gets puked up on the screen to pick out what's interesting to us. Haven't figured out (too lazy) to cut down what gets displayed and too much eye strain going back to the last time one of us checked in. Like reading some of the subjects on the WSM page. But the stuff I already read is mixed together with the new posts and scanning a bunch o' crap for the new is a strain on the old eyes. Spending 8 or 9 hours a day staring at a screen for work is bad enough. I don't like to spend more than 10-20 minutes at home including checking email.

Hey I even had the mods here remove my Off Topic Forum access so I only see corps related stuff when I hit "Display New Content". LOL and most of my posts here are when I'm taking a "brain break" at one of my work desks (other place has DCP blocked except for lunch).

i have some stuff i want to get converted to digital...i think this is on it as well as 80 prelims

i have some stuff i want to get converted to digital...i think this is on it as well as 80 prelims

Prelims performances would be great...I always thought (well at least when I marched) that we peaked at prelims...and could never get that "umphh" at finals!

Maybe because we always seemed to not "over" warm up, and seemed to rush to get on the field because someone messed up time wise, and we didn't have a chance to think? I always thought we over did it before finals, we seemed to leave a "great one" on the practice field! Brian used to HATE my pre-show routines when we were teaching together... he had this "theory" that you had to be overly warm in order to play a great show....I always thought you needed to "go mental" right before the show, and warm up JUST enough to avoid hand and arm cramps!

Prelims performances would be great...I always thought (well at least when I marched) that we peaked at prelims...and could never get that "umphh" at finals!

The old two shows-in-one day format was rough. Virtually impossible to do two great shows in one day. I mentioned this elsewhere, but in the years I worked at the championship under that old format (1983 through 1988) I literally never saw a corps do two outstanding shows in the same day.

It was a mixed bag the years I was with Sun. Some years, our prelims job was the best of the day for us. Others, it was our finals performance.

The old two shows-in-one day format was rough. Virtually impossible to do two great shows in one day. I mentioned this elsewhere, but in the years I worked at the championship under that old format (1983 through 1988) I literally never saw a corps do two outstanding shows in the same day.

It was a mixed bag the years I was with Sun. Some years, our prelims job was the best of the day for us. Others, it was our finals performance.

Yeah, that was tough! But I always thought the morning shows were better than the evening shows. (fresher, less time to think about it etc.)

A lot of times we had the attitude that prelims was the contest and finals was the recording session. :blink: