The history of the Westshoremen

I remember that for some reason as well?!?!

Maybe we were taking the same "medication" that evening. :tongue:

Maybe we were taking the same "medication" that evening. :tongue:

it WAS the 80's.... :cool:

80's or not, yes, that parking garage was really heavily lit by really white flourescent lamps. A lot of them. That wasn't anyone's imagination or any effect of any medicinal/adult orinented substances. :satisfied:

I "remember those daze" :blink: The late 70's early 80's were an interesting time for me...A lot of experimentation....about 1988 those daze were over, and I learned that expensive beer and good wine would keep me satisfied as well as out of trouble with the law. :rolleyes:

so anyways, stuck somewhere in 1982.....

( at this rate, my daughter, due in June, will be able to read by the time we get to the end of the 83 season. When I say read, I mean on a 10th grade level)

• Like 1

it WAS the 80's.... :cool:

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

was really heavily lit

Yes. That evening I was. :tongue:

so anyways, stuck somewhere in 1982.....

( at this rate, my daughter, due in June, will be able to read by the time we get to the end of the 83 season. When I say read, I mean on a 10th grade level)

Maybe you need to start a "sub-thread" entitled "The History of the Westshoremen.....the post Harry Lershman era..." :tongue:

Then we can go concurrently, and then MERGE when appropriate!

Maybe you need to start a "sub-thread" entitled "The History of the Westshoremen.....the post Harry Lershman era..." :tongue:

Then we can go concurrently, and then MERGE when appropriate!

"Westshoremen.... Behind The Scenes".

<$1 to VH1 from years past....>

PS - Wonder if that Utica beer was related to Utica Club.... :shutup:

"Westshoremen.... Behind The Scenes".

<$1 to VH1 from years past....>

PS - Wonder if that Utica beer was related to Utica Club.... :shutup:

Oh...that would be "Behind the Music"...so save your $1.

My grandparents on my mother's side used to own a "dairy" (which was basically the pre-cursor to the modern convenience store) in Elmira, NY back in the 60's until the mid 70's (when the Stop-n-Go chain came in and basically killed their business). They used to sell Utica Club soda, but I don't remember Utica Beer. (I DO remember that they used to push "Carling Black Label" as their major "import" beer of choice!) They also had Stegmaier, which was an "import" from PA (Wilkes Barre to be exact, and it's still technically a "micro-brew" who knew my father was ahead of his time with the micro brews) You can still get Stegmaier and a few others up there at the Lion Brewery, their 1857 Lager is pretty decent, actually!

I forget some of the other stuff, when they would be done with the "promotional" signs, my grandparents would give them to my brother and he would decorate his room with them...ironically, my brother is not really much of a beer drinker...(and as a side note, we lost a whole bunch of signs in the 1972 flood that were stored in our basement that got about 2.5 feet of water, those would have gotten us a pretty penny these daze!)

Edited by Jaminbenb