The history of the Westshoremen

Coming up on 33 years ago now... I'm "starting" to feel sorry for the BIRDS. heh

DCA rules BITD was whatever "props" you were going to use for the finals HAD to be on the field for the prelims. You didn't have to show them during the prelims but they HAD to be on the field. However many birds were used imaging them sitting in the cases (Tymp cases maybe?) during the prelims performance and then releasing them after the gun at finals.... (Walter Kelly was shooting those poor birds with his starter's pistol and chasing them all over the field...)

Don't know about on the field for Prelims but right after Prelims there were cases sitting in the back of a pickup truck just outside of the backside gate. I asked what was in they and got told by one of our bus drivers/partners in crime (aka Howie) "If I tell ya, I gotta shoot ya".

I attempted to get permission to ride my Harley into the Dream (8/9/1981 'DREAM' Meadowlands, NJ) and was told no because it was a "fire hazard". LOL I asked but a limo isn't? LOL

Well, I did wear my Tuxedo Tails complete with my "Opera" top hat. (collapsible) That was the one and only time I was not in my Sunrisers uniform...

Wonder if many know who gave me the nick name "Tennessee Tuxedo" or how that came about.... (that's another story. LOL)

wasn't Roosevelt a fire hazard on it's own?

I attempted to get permission to ride my Harley into the Dream (8/9/1981 'DREAM' Meadowlands, NJ) and was told no because it was a "fire hazard". LOL I asked but a limo isn't? LOL

Well, I did wear my Tuxedo Tails complete with my "Opera" top hat. (collapsible) That was the one and only time I was not in my Sunrisers uniform...

Wonder if many know who gave me the nick name "Tennessee Tuxedo" or how that came about.... (that's another story. LOL)

WE should have hung out back then because for some reason, I got the nickname Chumley! :thumbup:

Coming up on 33 years ago now... I'm "starting" to feel sorry for the BIRDS. heh

DCA rules BITD was whatever "props" you were going to use for the finals HAD to be on the field for the prelims. You didn't have to show them during the prelims but they HAD to be on the field. However many birds were used imaging them sitting in the cases (Tymp cases maybe?) during the prelims performance and then releasing them after the gun at finals.... (Walter Kelly was shooting those poor birds with his starter's pistol and chasing them all over the field...)

I don't recall if the birds were actually IN the cases for prelims...but I DO remember that they DID bring them out....(and yeah timpani cases...one of which was MINE! :doh: )

I don't recall if the birds were actually IN the cases for prelims...but I DO remember that they DID bring them out....(and yeah timpani cases...one of which was MINE! :doh:/>/> )

When I saw Howie at the pickup truck after Prelims I think the birds were in wooded cages with screen sides. And God forbid Benny had to put tymps in the truck without cases because they needed to be stacked. And you know HOW I know that... :ph34r:

Oh man bet Benny was B-wording about the bird #### in the cases. :shutup:/>

Edited by JimF-LowBari

When I saw Howie at the pickup truck after Prelims I think the birds were in wooded cages with screen sides. And God forbid Benny had to put tymps in the truck without cases because they needed to be stacked. And you know HOW I know that... :ph34r:/>

Oh man bet Benny was B-wording about the bird #### in the cases. :shutup:/>/>

If HE wasn't, I sure was! (wait, I'm a Benny, too? :blink: )

oh I can hear benny B now

oh I can hear benny B now

Words we can't print here...well not without getting a bunch of ****** anyway! :tongue:

Wow....got a weird chill today... I was in the grocery store, checking out, and there is a big screen TV that has different advertisements for the store, as well as some sort of public "events" calendar with either just verbiage in "poster" format, or some video... as I'm standing there waiting, I see a "commercial" for the drum corps show in Lewisburg :blink: Showed Empire, Cabs, and who knows who else... I was like DUH?!?!

Wow....got a weird chill today... I was in the grocery store, checking out, and there is a big screen TV that has different advertisements for the store, as well as some sort of public "events" calendar with either just verbiage in "poster" format, or some video... as I'm standing there waiting, I see a "commercial" for the drum corps show in Lewisburg blink.gif Showed Empire, Cabs, and who knows who else... I was like DUH?!?!

we get back from the beach that day or we'd go