The history of the Westshoremen

What I have doesn't sound great....I keep hoping that the guy that advertises the old stuff in DCW pulls out some of the late 70's and 80's DCA stuff. I guess the "original masters" got wiped since I'm guessing the recording operation wasn't as big as what did DCI all those years ago..

I really wish I was able to capture my albums before they got trashed...

Who did that era DCA other than whoever recorded Finals? IIRC DCW has the rights to some of the heavyweights in recording shows. As DCW sells the CDs they plow that money into cleaning up and releasing more CDs. But... none of the guys I know DCW has the rights to were recording after mid 70s. One was deceased and the other did RCA until 1976.

Who did that era DCA other than whoever recorded Finals? IIRC DCW has the rights to some of the heavyweights in recording shows. As DCW sells the CDs they plow that money into cleaning up and releasing more CDs. But... none of the guys I know DCW has the rights to were recording after mid 70s. One was deceased and the other did RCA until 1976.

Looking at the back of the old albums, it says Marice Stith recording, and I found some info, but not sure if it's all the right info? They had an inquiry form, so I asked if they still possessed the master recordings...my bet is once they were done with them, they wiped the tapes!

I also remember a guy named Jag Giamateo who did some of the work...my guess is that he was the engineer...but not sure...some things from those years are fuzzier than others :blink:

What I have doesn't sound great....I keep hoping that the guy that advertises the old stuff in DCW pulls out some of the late 70's and 80's DCA stuff. I guess the "original masters" got wiped since I'm guessing the recording operation wasn't as big as what did DCI all those years ago..

I really wish I was able to capture my albums before they got trashed...

Charlie Schiavone had taken a lot of the older DCA stuff and put it on cd, but well....it sounds like he threw the album on, held a mic up, and recorded.

Alumni may think about Love for Sale or Spanish Dreams, but I need decent recordings

Charlie Schiavone had taken a lot of the older DCA stuff and put it on cd, but well....it sounds like he threw the album on, held a mic up, and recorded.

Alumni may think about Love for Sale or Spanish Dreams, but I need decent recordings

I bought come of Charlie's stuff a few years back and it was bad!! I DID get a response from Stith recording..they apparently DON'T have the master tapes, but DO have the odd album left...the person that responded wanted to know what corps I was in and what years...so I let them know...

I bought come of Charlie's stuff a few years back and it was bad!! I DID get a response from Stith recording..they apparently DON'T have the master tapes, but DO have the odd album left...the person that responded wanted to know what corps I was in and what years...so I let them know...

DCA, both video and audio has been..well....eh over the years. God bless Mike Symonds for trying to restore as much as he can

DCA, both video and audio has been..well....eh over the years. God bless Mike Symonds for trying to restore as much as he can

Who dat? What he restoring?

Even though my turntable is toast...I'd be willing to get one or two of the years that are pretty beat! (if that's all we can get) And if I do...I'd find someone with a good turntable to play it the first time, and record it for me...then put the stupid vinyl away and forget about it! :thumbdown:

Who dat? What he restoring?

Even though my turntable is toast...I'd be willing to get one or two of the years that are pretty beat! (if that's all we can get) And if I do...I'd find someone with a good turntable to play it the first time, and record it for me...then put the stupid vinyl away and forget about it! :thumbdown:/>

Mike is with Box5, DCA' current video provider, and is working on older video for the DCA Fan Network. I don't know what he has audio, I'm working on getting video to him.

Mike is with Box5, DCA' current video provider, and is working on older video for the DCA Fan Network. I don't know what he has audio, I'm working on getting video to him.

Cool! I have a question in with Stith about what IS available besides what I was looking for... I figure if I would get a good feel, I'd post it here and tell people what they have, and whom to contact to get stuff...why not?

Interesting....was at the Weis store again today, and saw the "commercial" for Lewisburg....Bucs aren't in it? They didn't list them as being there...

Interesting....was at the Weis store again today, and saw the "commercial" for Lewisburg....Bucs aren't in it? They didn't list them as being there...

well Bucs are very active in the Baltimore area 4th parade scene....those parades pay ###### good. so make a bunch of money, get some rehearsal in....makes sense