Has anyone received....

So...I'm I reading into this right, that the video company used by DCA is not reliable? I ordered mine when I returned from DCA's.

I had noticed this is the same company used for my kids marching band championships...I wasn't very happy with the quality of the DVD's we got then. I can't remember how much I spent for my kids bands video.. It was $30 or $40 I don't remember, and it was the same DVDrs I by for my camcorder from Radio Shack and the video quality was terrible. I purchased the 2008 DCI DVDs which seem to be of a commercial grade. Are the DCA videos of the same quality as DCI? I mean for the price which almost the same as DCI, I would hope so.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So...I'm I reading into this right, that the video company used by DCA is not reliable? I ordered mine when I returned from DCA's.

I had noticed this is the same company used for my kids marching band championships...I wasn't very happy with the quality of the DVD's we got then. I can't remember how much I spent for my kids bands video.. It was $30 or $40 I don't remember, and it was the same DVDrs I by for my camcorder from Radio Shack and the video quality was terrible. I purchased the 2008 DCI DVDs which seem to be of a commercial grade. Are the DCA videos of the same quality as DCI? I mean for the price which almost the same as DCI, I would hope so.

I bought the 2004 DCA championships and will never buy anything from BVP again! The image and sound is alright (not great), but everything else, from camera angles to positioning, timing and multiple options (which are non-existent), it really blows, compared to a DCI DVD.

Now someone else can come here and tell you why it's like that, I don't really care for "why" BVP can't seem to produce a good quality DVD, I just want what I pay for, and they are not giving that. Now if the DVD was $10 I wouldn't care for quality.

That's just my opinion though. :cool:

I can't get anyone to call me back - so what are we to do? I know we should get them later than sooner........... but they were to be gifts for this week. when the company had given me the time frame, when I purchased them at prelims, I thought I would be fine with using these as gifts for my son and parents - wrong.

Ed

-------------

same here, I have tried on at least three occasions all different times to get someone to answer the phone. No deal. And I only ordered one corps.

I didn't even bother ordering this year. If another company takes over I'll buy again in a heartbeat.

full shows usually take a while longer than just a single run

My duplicator in my studio can easily crank out 100 DVDs overnight. If the editing was completed the week after DCA (which IMHO shouldn't take any longer than that), they could have been duplicated in a few days, stuffed and shipped.

Maybe I'm overly optimistic ... but I know my video production capabilities, and would have had the production run done within a few weeks (see my post in the other DVD thread for estimates for production).

Question - the short video features posted on DCP during finals - are they the same as what will be on the DVD's?

i.e. Will I be watching the horn line during our snare feature and the guard during the quad feature?

My duplicator in my studio can easily crank out 100 DVDs overnight. If the editing was completed the week after DCA (which IMHO shouldn't take any longer than that), they could have been duplicated in a few days, stuffed and shipped.

Maybe I'm overly optimistic ... but I know my video production capabilities, and would have had the production run done within a few weeks (see my post in the other DVD thread for estimates for production).

Please, all kidding aside, submit a bid. :cool:

...we know BVP does "on-the-fly" masters - (which is why they ask someone to join them "in the truck" to do shot real-time selection ...and also why there is no option for any post-production "in-the-shop" editing for any mistakes/bad shot choices) - so, albeit a sub-optimal approach, it should be that much simpler to manufacture a final product.

Jeff, I say this seriously, not like i normally do in topics about finals sites:

please, submit a bid.