Has anyone received....

I received my DCA mini corps CD's saturday. I noticed Disc 1 is missing #7 Capital Brass. Is there a reason for this anybody knows about?

Also the Vigilantes and Cincinnati Tradition are switched from the insert. Vigilantes are #4 and Tradition is #5 on the Disc.

Also, being the Director of the Cincinnati Tradition, I have to say I had a wonderful time in Rochester and look forward to bringing the corps back in 2010!

Tom Slade

Director

Cincinnati Tradition

Drum & Bugle Corps

Edited by Tom Slade

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a phone call while I was in Plymouth.... "Guess what arrived in the mail today."

My response was not suitable for this group.

From what I've just read about everyone else's reviews of the DVD's and CD's, I'm not even going to bother to watch them tonight. I'm just plain/plane tired.

Andy

Something's gotta be wrong here......... I LOVE my DVDs........ I've spotted a few visual jumps on the Finals DVD as well as some sound bumps, but generally I got what I thought was full impact. I've only gotten as far as disc 2 of the finals because I repeat them over and over....especially Empire.

Tonight I spent three hours replaying my mini-corps DVD.... I feel like I'm cheating some of you guys because after I played and enjoyed E V E R Y mini corps, I kept going back over and over Ghost Riders, MCL, Eagles, Mass Brass, Star......... and I just played SKY 5 times straight through back-to-back.

If the DVD of the mini coprs "sucked," then I gotta get to a show and "see" what the real thing sounds like.

BTW I'm playing them on my desktop with earphones....... sounds great, but for the last hour I can't hear anything but ringing....... and I can't stop humming "Come In From the Rain."

2009 was a great year for DCA, and mini-corps was my icing on the cake.

If you guys are looking for a great site for a show, try the same school where Cabs had the Grand Prix (Passaic County Tech)..... I taught there for 35 years.....that auditorium would be perfect..... and it seats about 900.

Joe Dz in NJ

Edited by JoeDz

Sigh :help:

All my cameras are HD / 16:9 !!!

There is NO reason why the audio should be off. Even if it was off on the tape, it should have been corrected in post-production prior to creating the master.

At least that's what I do! :unsure:

I would think not. I do my own duplication, and I've used replication houses. What goes in is what comes out.

Again, the replications are most likely fine ... that leaves ....

I know, right??? If I had more time, I would watch all of the videos on the DVD and write down every glitch/time of occurrence to send to them. $99 is a LOT of money to spend for mistakes. I'm just glad I didn't buy prelims too!!!

I think you should shoot it, Jeff! :thumbup:

Well, I got mine today.

Sound was awful, picture terrible.

I won't be buying any more from BVP

Hate to say it but we created part of the sound problem ourselves....Yes, I watched it for the second time last night.

Hate to say it but we created part of the sound problem ourselves....Yes, I watched it for the second time last night.

moving past the microphones can cause things like that - especially when a few third baritones are left to fill the void!

( in the old days we would try to play at the Stetson D Richmond field mikes so we could hear ourselves! )

meanwhile - at the be careful what you ask for you just may get it - i would second the post that the video is not bad , the audio is certainly ok , and in the bvp years i have always been dealt with politely. I enjoyed the dvd's - especially the alumni corps where they are covered entering the field and trooping the stands.

It is kind of a shame that the mics are so close to the stage.

Another 20 feet of space would make a huge difference in the blend of all the groups, including Star United

Dave Valvo's video from the Judge's podium and from in the Stands provides a better blend for us,and Golden Eagles on Friday night.

And he has great photos of all the corps over the DCA weekend

Dave Valvo's photos and videos

My Mother often told me, "If you don't have anything nice to say..."

Well, I'll try my best, so here goes...

Jeff (De Mello) I agree with you 100% !!!!!!

Hopefully we can put the past-few-years of DVD/Multimedia/Product CATASTROPHE behind us once and for all.

There, that was nice wasn't it?

well for TOB, they deal with over 100 bands in 2 days. Now I'd imagine they do a lot more volume on individual shows than on full sets. the shows I have seen so far this year looked/sounded good.