DCI 2010 Tour Schedule

Ben

Yes, I just talked to every head of DCI and they informed me that yes indeed they hate California. There its out now, they hate you and Florida. All kidding aside, sometimes things stink, and this is one of those times. Just look at the positives, you don't have to put up with a midwestern or eastern winter. You can make it to the ocean on any good day. You can make it to the mountains on any good day. You can go to Hollywood for all the red carpet stuff, something they never have here in Dubuque, but Hollywood hates Dubuque. Etc, Etc, Etc. You live somewhere beautiful, but a little too far for most corps to want to "swing" through. And I agree, it does have to stink. Sorry for your misfortune. I would go crazy without seeing at least twelve shows a season.

I think you left out the fact that those Blue Skies, Oceans, and Red Carpets have produced over half of all of DCI's 37 some odd Champions and yet they have only won in front of a west coast crowd...umm...let me count it up....One....well that's it

DCI doesn't hate California they are just calculatedly indifferent to the fans here. They are willing to sacrifice us to serve a greater need. In my estimation that while what they are doing may be fiscally prudent it is very short sighted. There is so much potential out here still yet to be tapped, but the activity is shrinking in the west because the lack of exposure to great shows. To me this demonstrates that perhaps those making the decisions at DCI lack a few skill sets involving project management and long term strategy making, but I am willing to hear arguments that unequivocally show I am wrong.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't too happy to see the SoCal shows moved to July. My vacation time at work resets July 1, and I always budget going to RCC and Mt. Sac in June. This kind of screws up some plans....

I think you left out the fact that those Blue Skies, Oceans, and Red Carpets have produced over half of all of DCI's 37 some odd Champions and yet they have only won in front of a west coast crowd...umm...let me count it up....One....well that's it

DCI doesn't hate California they are just calculatedly indifferent to the fans here. They are willing to sacrifice us to serve a greater need. In my estimation that while what they are doing may be fiscally prudent it is very short sighted. There is so much potential out here still yet to be tapped, but the activity is shrinking in the west because the lack of exposure to great shows. To me this demonstrates that perhaps those making the decisions at DCI lack a few skill sets involving project management and long term strategy making, but I am willing to hear arguments that unequivocally show I am wrong.

Another good reason it stinks, I am with you, it stinks, but after 37 years and only one big show, a DCI nut would move to where the action is, and leave the beauty behind. :tongue:

Nice to see DeKalb is back

Interesting to see a change up of the mid-west schedule. 2008/2009 seemed pretty much the same as shows and dates (just the corps changed) so I thought it’d be pretty static for their Indy run

Nice that some new, big shows are out there

Just an FYI – the shows by geography (with in so many miles or 5 closest shows) is not yet plugged into the schedule although I’m sure it will be

Drat, Scouts aren't in Buffalo this year. Maybe we'll go to Erie instead.

the Minneapolis competition is only 4 hours away and it's gonna be HUGE - EVERY well-known corps is going to be there

I'll have to wait and see whether I'm going to be watching it or playing in it (*nervously anticipating audition results :tongue:)

Edited by JF154283