DCI 2010 Tour Schedule

Ben

OK, Mike I am going to concede the whole right to an opinion thing. I am just going to say I had another conversation with the person who was in the know and they now I am not going to name names, or repeat hearsay but I am going to say if any if it is true then even you would find the term I used a term of endearment.

Now back to my Kool-Aid statement its not what you say its how you say it. You use language that gives us the impression that the people who make these decisions are practically volunteers, giving up their nights and weekends, time with their family, with their sleeves rolled up working a truly altruistic crew. While I might agree putting together a schedule is difficult and challenging, the truth is many of the top decision makers here are well compensated individuals who are getting paid as professionals to make good business decisions. Personally ...IMHO... i whole heartedly believe a very bad decision has been made here and I am calling it to the carpet so to speak.

Okay. I'll know that if you ever call me a "jerkwad," I'm to take it as a term of endearment. :ph34r:

Yes, they are compensated. But I truly believe most of them could work for less hours and more money somewhere else. I've seen the hours they put in (during the summer) and it's brutal. I never left Lucas Oil Stadium this year before 3:00 am to finish up the DCI.org stuff on-site and I was far from the only one.

And I agree you are certainly within your right to express an opinion. What I'm suggesting here is there are many factors that go into scheduling and I don't know the specifics of the two shows some 350 miles from each other. All I know is those that put together the shows have many things they try to balance to make as many people as possible happy.

It's often a thankless job and one has to have a strong backbone as not everyone will be satisfied all the time.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

July 16 - La Crosse is back on the schedule! The new stadium is incredible - seats over 6,000. And it's the day before the regional in Minneapolis. That'll be quite easy to catch a great show Friday night in La Crosse, and follow it up with the regional in Minneapolis. Nothing like a killer weekend of drum corps!!!

July 16 - La Crosse is back on the schedule! The new stadium is incredible - seats over 6,000. And it's the day before the regional in Minneapolis. That'll be quite easy to catch a great show Friday night in La Crosse, and follow it up with the regional in Minneapolis. Nothing like a killer weekend of drum corps!!!

What is that, like a 2-1/2 hr drive? Sounds very doable. :ph34r:

And the West in general has been thinning out recently...Denver's lineup this year is nowhere near as good as last year's :ph34r:

i noticed that. i would imagine dciMN will be a fan network event

I don't get it - DCI just doesn't like the West Coast Fans. All they get are early season shows and not one major east or midwest corps showing up in the West. I STILL don't understand why DCI can't reverse the loop each year so the West Coast can see some of the big corps at their peak and still end the year at DCI in Lucus Oil Stadium. Why always screw the West Coast???

Is it time for another break away (like DCI from VFW/AL???).

:ph34r:

SOOOO excited for the Minneapolis show! I've been waiting for something like this ever since I started watching corps in '92 and ever since I heard the Gophers were getting a new stadium. I hope Gopher season ticket holders will get first dibs on the best seats. ;)

I don't get it - DCI just doesn't like the West Coast Fans. All they get are early season shows and not one major east or midwest corps showing up in the West. I STILL don't understand why DCI can't reverse the loop each year so the West Coast can see some of the big corps at their peak and still end the year at DCI in Lucus Oil Stadium. Why always screw the West Coast???

Is it time for another break away (like DCI from VFW/AL???).

:ph34r:

Im guessing a lot of this has to do with the fact that none of the east coast / midwest corps WANT to go out west. Im sure it has nothing to do with the fans....just a money thing. I highly doubt (phantom) for example wanted to go to Cali, and DCI said "no, you cant do that". Is it fair? no, not really, and the fact that its been happening for decades doesnt make it any more fair, just 'accepted'. Im sure I would be ###### too if I lived out there, but thankfully I dont.

Yes, I just talked to every head of DCI and they informed me that yes indeed they hate California. There its out now, they hate you and Florida. All kidding aside, sometimes things stink, and this is one of those times. Just look at the positives, you don't have to put up with a midwestern or eastern winter. You can make it to the ocean on any good day. You can make it to the mountains on any good day. You can go to Hollywood for all the red carpet stuff, something they never have here in Dubuque, but Hollywood hates Dubuque. Etc, Etc, Etc. You live somewhere beautiful, but a little too far for most corps to want to "swing" through. And I agree, it does have to stink. Sorry for your misfortune. I would go crazy without seeing at least twelve shows a season.

Edited by 84skyrydr