Crossmen 2010 Production Announced

I was originally going to say let's hope this last longer than 1 year, but since no clips of anything have been put forth and I don't know how they are going to write it out, I'm waiting until they start releasing ensemble clips.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is the world REALLY ready for Mark Thurston's notes? I know I am. It would be NICE to see a line DRUM...instead of hyping check patterns!!!

I think alot of people would like to hear Thurston writing for Crossmen again, especially with a metheny show.

i wonder how long till the first comment of... "metheny again...?"

personally, I am stoked, i can listen to 'heat of the day' ALL day!

now im curious about the show concept direction. based on the logo, it seems like they are running with the ideas of shape/form.

Am I allowed to say "First Circle again?" I love Metheny...but I hate when corps keep re-using the same stuff.

99 hits on corpsreps.com for Metheny; 24 of them First Circle.

Either the designers have no fresh ideas, or the winter meetings went like this "Sorry guys, we have to play a conforming show this year. Might get better members, the fans will like us, and the judges will give us an extra tenth or two since they know this stuff already."

Sad either way, but understandable.

I think alot of people would like to hear Thurston writing for Crossmen again, especially with a metheny show.

Yes, but are they READY for it....The marching percussion world has taken a weird turn in the last 5-8 years. Can they handle a line "hittin' the drums like they're owed money?" :grouphug: Listen to 90-96 Bones....it's a whole different world of drumming in comparison to whats happening today...IMHO

Either the designers have no fresh ideas, or the winter meetings went like this "Sorry guys, we have to play a conforming show this year. Might get better members, the fans will like us, and the judges will give us an extra tenth or two since they know this stuff already."

Or, it could have went like this:

"Hey team, we have a great concept and visualization of where we want to go with the show! Now what metheny music fits our ideas best?"

Yep, either no ideas or no balls.

Or it could be the staff feels a disconnect with the traditions of the corps. With all the stuff that has happened over the past 5-7 years, that would be understandable. Maybe this is their way of reconnecting with their past.

Edited by DAvery

Bringing back Metheny is good.......now they should just bring back Thurston, then maybe I'll be hyped about it.

:grouphug:

Yep, either no ideas or no balls.

Or it could be the staff feels a disconnect with the traditions of the corps. With all the stuff that has happened over the past 5-7 years, that would be understandable. Maybe this is their way of reconnecting with their past.

Or maybe, just maybe, they felt that this would be a crowd pleasing program that would get them on their feet for the corps, and that none of the current Crossmen have ever had the chance to do it?

I had this same discussion with George Hopkins in '98. I said, "but y'all just played Metheny in '01!" He said, "yes, but most of the current marching members in '98 were like 11 at the time - *they've* never played it."

I'm all for it.

Mike

Yes, but are they READY for it....The marching percussion world has taken a weird turn in the last 5-8 years. Can they handle a line "hittin' the drums like they're owed money?" :grouphug: Listen to 90-96 Bones....it's a whole different world of drumming in comparison to whats happening today...IMHO

I would say Mark would be smart enough to merge today with the legend of Bones drumming. After all...everyone gasped when they went classical in 95, yet Mark adapted beautifully and it was still "Crossmen" drumming.

i wonder how long till the first comment of... "metheny again...?"

Metheny again?

:grouphug: