Maximum Age Limit?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And if I can no longer bang on drums and break things (like Fran Haring), that's okay.

Liar. :thumbdown:

Seriously.... very good points, Andy.

Late 1980s-early 1990s, several of us Sunrisers alums took turns being the corps' honor guard.... whoever could show up at a given performance did the gig. It was a nice way to stay involved for those of us who either could not march anymore in the corps proper, or who could not make every show.

Fran

Edited by Fran Haring

Just one quick point, then I will fade into the sidelines folks! Some corps can't afford the luxury of a maximum age limit due to recruiting difficulties. F..A..a..d.i.n.g.... . .

Bill is a mere child compared to Tom Meek, but yes... he actually has more years in drum corps than Meek... Meek was a late starter - fall of '66

I first played with Bill in Brigs in the late 60's when he came in from the Capital District corps and he was already "experienced"

Although Bill has many years in Cru now, he has certainly been in a significant number of corps...

Probably his most interesting stint was winning DCA with LI Sunrisers with himself on Baritone, his son on Snare and his wife Charlotte on Soprano... If Mary (Mrs. Chris Romanowski) had been a little older she'd have been out there too, in the long run, she was the most talented of this wonderful drum corps family.

RIP Charlotte Hoyt.

There was at least one corps with a 72yo age limit. I can't seem to search it on here (< 3 characters). And they may not still have said rule with other current rules. But there has been such a thing. Not to imply anyone affected by the rule. But then again, why have a rule if no one is affected? Not that most need a rule, adults are pretty good at weeding themselves out. And other factors, like sun and prescription meds not playing well together.

You're in until it hurts too much to march, or you're 6 feet under....

In the alumni corps I was in, we had one member of the brass section who was still marching with us at age 84. He usually ended up the parades in better shape than most of the rest of the corps.