What year did you begin in drum corps?

Andyroo

As a bit of a digression from another thread, I'd be interested in hearing when some of you began your drum corps career.

This isn't a poll or anything, just name the year. And just so we're all on the same page, the year is that of your first season marching. (Most of us from way back in the mists of time actually began in the late fall of the previous year.)

In my case, my first season was '49.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a bit of a digression from another thread, I'd be interested in hearing when some of you began your drum corps career.

This isn't a poll or anything, just name the year. And just so we're all on the same page, the year is that of your first season marching. (Most of us from way back in the mists of time actually began in the late fall of the previous year.)

"First Yearr"

You beat me big time. Joined in 1958, first season was 1959. :rolleyes:

Elphaba

My first contest in the early June 1962, at New Jersey, VFW States.

(although the first time out with a Drum and Bugle Corps was a "Standstill" for the Opening of a new Grand Union Supermarket in Oct. '61, and some parades in Nov. of '61)

My first year on the field was 1970,with the poughkeepsie Pacers.

First year 1967, last year on the field 1990, alumni/mini corps ongoing.

First year on the field..1968

Last year on the field...will let you know when

i joined in october of 1966. my 1st contest was may of 1967. andy i wasn't even born when you started.......holy moly! :rolleyes:

I'm just a babe in the woods compared to some of you. My first year was 1983!

Late 1975