San Antonio?

What about the Cowboy's new stadium?

Imagine what Jerry would do if a toss hit his precious TV that's hanging from the roof?

Imagine what Jerry would do if a toss hit his precious TV that's hanging from the roof?

He would give the bill to the corps who broke his $40 million television set :P

Im wondering if this has anything to do with Cowboys Training Camp. I always thought the Cowboys would start using the Alamodome a week after DCI. and yeah DCI did move the event up a week this year..... so this might be bad.....real bad :/

No thanks....I would like to perform for a crowd that actually looks like its filling the stadium.

Ha!

I kinda find it surprising that some of y'all complain all day about the acoustical problems domed stadiums have, but equally complain about the heat. Hasn't every championship before this last year been at an outdoor stadium? I'm sure a lot of them have been hot. You can't have your cake and eat it too. I personally would brave the heat for a better drum corps sound.

..and I have an honest question. Has there been any championship that rained out?

FTR-

I do greatly enjoy performing in the air conditioning... but I would rather be outside in the heat. I mean... it wouldn't really bother my corps... and another southwest corps too much... since we have some pretty rough ST conditions. But... I'm probably crazy. Anyway... San Antonio has the best acoustics of all the domed stadiums we perform in (and it is still pretty ######). The only problem is the long show... and many corps performing during the hottest part of the day in Texas. NOt as bad as the day night show though.. right?

I kinda find it surprising that some of y'all complain all day about the acoustical problems domed stadiums have, but equally complain about the heat. Hasn't every championship before this last year been at an outdoor stadium? I'm sure a lot of them have been hot. You can't have your cake and eat it too. I personally would brave the heat for a better drum corps sound.

..and I have an honest question. Has there been any championship that rained out?

I made my comments looking at it from DCI's point of view. I'd prefer open air over a dome.

Im wondering if this has anything to do with Cowboys Training Camp. I always thought the Cowboys would start using the Alamodome a week after DCI. and yeah DCI did move the event up a week this year..... so this might be bad.....real bad :/

I believe you are correct...

And thanks for the correction all on the DKR turf - I had not heard of the switch...that might be good for state competitions (football, bands, etc...) again...

Jason, I 100% agree. The only show that might fill the new Cowboys Stadium is Finals. Though wouldn't it be interesting to watch a show on a TV 75 yards wide?

San Antonio, TX

Saturday, July 24, 2010

DCI Southwestern Championship

I think they moved it because of the Texas Bandmasters Association Convention. Last year was the first year the two events didnt line up.

TBA moved the event to a week later and during the week to keep costs down.

TBA Dates: July 25-28

I'm sure they want every band director in the state of Texas to come to this show. I know quite a few that didn't go last year because the two events didn't line up.

Mark

Texas Band Director