News From DCI Winter Meetings

Better yet, put the speakers in the press box, then make the press box soundproof. That way, those of us sitting in the aisles won't hear what is going over the speakers.

Even better yet, take all the people who complain and whine about drum corps not being exactly how it was when they marched and put them in a soundproof box so the rest of us can enjoy the shows.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the age rule....what next? Pre-med students? Masters/doctorate programs? Anyone still on their parents' health insurance? Where will it stop?

The proposal logic is lacking in facts. It was not the original intent of the age rule to permit college graduates to march. The cutoff of 22-on-finals-day excluded tons of college graduates (including me), until DCI changed the rule to 22-on-June-1. Back then, a college graduate that interested in continued DCI participation would become an instructor, or support staffer (and we sure could use more of those!).

The age rule is a slippery slope.

Even better yet, take all the people who complain and whine about drum corps not being exactly how it was when they marched and put them in a soundproof box so the rest of us can enjoy the shows.

And better still, take the people who stereotype all criticism as "how it was when they marched" (correct or not), and assign them to the souvie trucks all summer.

My official opinion regarding this thread, and it's content:

I just farted, and I believe it is entirely possible that I will fart again.

Thank you for your attention.

I just farted again. Looks like I was right.

What does the above post have to do with the 2010 rules proposals ????

AGE limit ???

Sound guy ???

nothing !

just another shameless plug?

:lol: :lol: :tongue: :tongue: :bleah::lol::tongue:

Bad form.

First off all, this thread started off as an inquiry about what the rule change proposals were going to be....before anyone knew them.

Secondly, you didn't quote my entire post.

Finally, :huh:

Take your own advice and please :bleah:.

From what I read, the proposal only suggests allowing a corps representative in the press box....the sound engineer and mixing board must still be down at field level.

Music Ensemble Judge: "The marimbas are overpowering the corps at times."

Sound guy sitting in press box: "Hey guy controlling board, the judge just said the marimbas are too loud."

:tongue:

thought so. Totally OFF TOPIC.

:lol:

PLEASE........

:lol::tongue::bleah:

:lol::tongue: :tongue: :bleah:

uhhhhhh......what? :huh:

There's a 12-step program for whatever you're doing. Look into it.