News From DCI Winter Meetings

Actually, the generation that followed me seems pretty cool

It’s the baby boomers and their baby boomlette that are the problem

the ‘greatest generation’ (WW2 folks) raised the worst generation (baby boomers) as spoiled brats, makes sense after coming out the depression, war and celebrating the spoils of war but many Boomers took their self absorbed and self proclaimed ‘me generation’ and passed it to their kids – those are the freak generations where as most other generations are rather reasonable

Wow, generalize much?

Of course, it's easy to lob snowballs from behind a wall of anonymity.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, the generation that followed me seems pretty cool

It’s the baby boomers and their baby boomlette that are the problem

the ‘greatest generation’ (WW2 folks) raised the worst generation (baby boomers) as spoiled brats, makes sense after coming out the depression, war and celebrating the spoils of war but many Boomers took their self absorbed and self proclaimed ‘me generation’ and passed it to their kids – those are the freak generations where as most other generations are rather reasonable

So pretty much we just need some more wars (im talking real stuff, not little middle eastern crap) to get some good generations up in here. Of course, the war cant end, otherwise we'll get another crap generation following it - oh well, sacrifices must be made sometimes...

Edited by salad315

Wow, generalize much?

he's not anonymous, he's from cowtown

Wow, generalize much?

Shhh...its ok to insult people, as long as you speak in general terms. As long as you dont deservedly call an individual out for being a jerk, its ok....

Edited by salad315

Any idiot can make broad, non-specific, and non-personal observations that are still offensive / insulting - You just happen to be better at it. Part of your charm, you would probably say. The fact that you defend it this way (moooooomm....i didnt hit him......my hand was just there and he ran into it) is almost, dare I say....childish? But enough of this...there was a decent thread going on, until it because a pissing contest to see who could act more mature / claim superiority, while still making their point. It's getting kind of old frankly

I disagree with just about all of that but it seems rather off topic and I doubt anyone else cares

I did not realize I was in any sort of a contest, I’m just stating my opinion

if you'd like a driect reply to that, please PM me and I'll honor your request

i still have dobts someone upstairs will fix things...or that it's judged properly

But again, had the adult section been written in the first place, rather then the not-so-thinly veiled insults, we'd not be having this conversation...which suggests the ever so obvious theory - if you want late teens / 20somethings to act like adults, treat them like adults. If that means firing them for poor performance, or whatever, so be it

And most corps staffs treat their members like adults... part of the reason why us drum corps kids survive pretty well in the real world.

And adults are pretty transparent.

:lol::tongue: :tongue:

Hey aren't you one of them now???? Mr. I land a great job right out of school.

Better yet, put the speakers in the press box, then make the press box soundproof. That way, those of us sitting in the aisles won't hear what is going over the speakers.

Brilliant, I'd love to hear the contras again instead of just synth.

So pretty much we just need some more wars (im talking real stuff, not little middle eastern crap) to get some good generations up in here. Of course, the war cant end, otherwise we'll get another crap generation following it - oh well, sacrifices must be made sometimes...

I had a good chuckle at this, well done.