Thinning the DCA Talent Pool...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think this proposal will have any affect on DCA.. I wish it was proposed when I aged out.

Never Marched DCI but I'm sure that there are quite a few folks who wish they had one more opportunity...

My point is this -- if the sound-guy proposal came from Hopkins instead of Dan Farrell, I'll bet the discussion would be much more negative and the rule proposal would be viewed by many as further proof of Hopkins' obsession to, apparently, destroy drum corps. Likewise, if this age-out rule were proposed by someone other than Hopkins, I'll also bet that the negativity wouldn't be as severe. Sure, folks might be pro and con, but since Hopkins proposed this rule change, it must be evil somehow. Don't get me wrong, I can't stand many of his proposals and think they're bad for the activity, but so many folks have such a reflexive hostile reaction to him that if he said that the sky is blue, folks would complain that he's trying to change nature and put drum corps on the moon with extension cords for amps plugged into some school library in remote parts of Idaho. Or something like that.

Back on topic -- this rule, IMO, should have no impact on DCA (other than to give us a reason to complain about DCI).

actually...i think this is one Hop would get a pass on, because since the introduction of the sound guy, everyone has said you can't do balance from field level.

actually...i think this is one Hop would get a pass on, because since the introduction of the sound guy, everyone has said you can't do balance from field level.

I was using that specific proposal to make a point about attitudes regarding him and anything he proposes -- I'd like to say you're right, and will be pleasantly surprised when there's NOT kneejerk condemnation to a proposal that comes from him. Like I said above, I really dislike many of his ideas, but this isn't one of them.

DCI is shooting itself in the foot and Hoppy is pulling the trigger.

What makes you think that DCI is not going to have an All Age Division anyway?

They have all the tools in place. They have been judging DCA corps for years at DCI shows.

With the exception of a few "Elder" DCA corps, most directors are younger and are sick and tired of the politics within DCA. It's just a matter of time before DCI finally wants to admit that older folks have more money than DCI kids and they open the All Ages division.

With the exception of a few "Elder" DCA corps, most directors are younger and are sick and tired of the politics within DCA.

Care to back that up with any facts?

Just curious, 'tis all.....

Fran

They have all the tools in place. They have been judging DCA corps for years at DCI shows.

With the exception of a few "Elder" DCA corps, most directors are younger and are sick and tired of the politics within DCA. It's just a matter of time before DCI finally wants to admit that older folks have more money than DCI kids and they open the All Ages division.

Now that's funny....I don't care who says otherwise!!!! :beer::laughing::lol:

DCI-Central does have a all age division, and has had so for years.