Corps nicknames

Interesting. In 2008 we sometimes jokingly referred to ourselves as the Star of Ohio because most of our visual staff marched Star from around 88-92 or 93. That didn't last long.

I'd have to say that my biggest Bluecoat hype is the BLOOing.

Interesting that anyone would call any blue corps the "Blue Team" considering just how many blue corps there are.

Um yeah, I hate to tell you, they weren't Blooing..... kidding :laughing:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok

Kilties would be Mad Plaid,

Racine Scouts would be Chrome Domes,

Santa Clara was The Great SCV (Midwest, 70's),

Americanos or 'canos would occasionally have to be reminded to dust off their sombreros. (doesn't really count but amusing)

Green Machine would sometimes get translated to Mean Spleen,

We tried to turn Madison into Sadison, but they were winning at the time and it didn't take.

After '75 the Muchachos were referred to as the Cabs, but I think that was just kinda' mean.

I remember others---not really fit for print!

Interesting. In 2008 we sometimes jokingly referred to ourselves as the Star of Ohio because most of our visual staff marched Star from around 88-92 or 93. That didn't last long.

I was actually referring to 2008. During finals week, the Colts (Red Team) got a letter from the Bluecoats, signed "The Blue Team."

The Cadets mellophone section is often referred to as the "Golden Section"...

The Freelancers were often referred to as the Flearanchers or the Freebasers

I was actually referring to 2008. During finals week, the Colts (Red Team) got a letter from the Bluecoats, signed "The Blue Team."

Hmm... I don't recall hearing about this. Then again, 2008 was a pretty crazy summer, and I had a lot on my mind then.

I remember Troopers being known as "F-Troop" (from the old TV show, not from what Crossmen said to us after 1979). The colorguard was known, before the massive wave of of political correctness, as the "Black #####es" (for the color of their guard uniforms, and what the competition called them in their early winterguard competitions). :smile: