Corps nicknames

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Oregon Crusaders contra line is referred to as "The Cru"

Occasionally we called ourselves "The Kinnnnnnnnigits," a la John Cleese in Monty Python and the Holy Grail. The only other thing we called ourselves, and often, was "Completely F#@?ed Over." As in , "Once again, we're ..."

Satnding in line for retreat at Pittsfield in 84, next to Spirit, I heard one of their guys refer to Suncoast as "The Sun-Browned Clowns." (Reaching a bit, IMO.)

I often called Longueuil's corps the Lazy Clips.

Sacramento was the Freeloaders.

Toledo was, because their truck said so when the back door swung around, the Azzmen. (ss) ( )( )

Where with the other names i've heard (ie cavs and devs), i've never heard anyone call PR just Regiment. i've heard "PR", "Phantom", "Phant" and "Phantom Reg." but never just Regiment.

The members refer to the corps as "Regiment".

In the two years I've marched with Boston so far, I've heard a few nicknames. BAC is definitely the most well known (we even have it on our corps jackets), though I've also heard 'Saders (mostly from those who marched BITD). Someone also told me we used to be called the Beast of the East.

Edited by KingDubya

In the two years I've marched with Boston so far, I've heard a few nicknames. BAC is definitely the most well known (we even have it on our corps jackets), though I've also heard 'Saders (mostly from those who marched BITD). Someone also told me we used to be called the Beast of the East.

Within the corps we would refer to each other as Dot Rats, in honor of the old breeding grounds. Saders was the big one. Also "Big Red Band from Boston."

If being called a "Giant" doesn't bring a tear to your eye yet, it will.

Memphis Sound - Mempho, 901.

We got a lot in 2009.

"That Purple Band" was my personal favorite.

A drunk guy at a 4th of July parade said "GO MIDNIGHT SOUND!"

I believe I heard "Memphis Forte" at a couple points.

While the Blessed Sacrament Golden Knights were okay with "Blessed Sac", they never really cared for "Holy Scrotum". :smile:

Christmas Team (Vanguard, in years where the uni had red green and white...which is quite a few)

Actually in the early years we were known as the Christmas Trees as our uniforms were green satin with the red stripe (pre-red tunic).

:smile: