Corps nicknames

Somewhat related:

I feel like most drum corps fans call Blue Devils "BD," but most of the people that I know that actually marched the corps don't refer to it as BD that often, and usually call it "Devs."

Also, I talked to a staff member over the summer that marched Cavaliers, and he told me that he HATED when people called the corps "Cavies," and insisted that it should be "Cavs" instead.

Don't know how prevalent either of those are. Could just be the individuals I talked to, but it was interesting to see them both hating the name that the drum corps community commonly uses for them.

Also alot of peoplpe refer to Phantom Regiment as Phantom, but my understanding is that within the corps they refer to themselves as the Regiment and prefer people not call them Phantom.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rather not test the boards filters with the ones I know and I'm sure many of you know them too

Not the thread for those. Been there, done that, old news. This is the thread for the cool names, like the ones the corps had for themselves.

Garry in Vegas

Also alot of peoplpe refer to Phantom Regiment as Phantom, but my understanding is that within the corps they refer to themselves as the Regiment and prefer people not call them Phantom.

Where with the other names i've heard (ie cavs and devs), i've never heard anyone call PR just Regiment. i've heard "PR", "Phantom", "Phant" and "Phantom Reg." but never just Regiment.

Somewhat related:

I feel like most drum corps fans call Blue Devils "BD," but most of the people that I know that actually marched the corps don't refer to it as BD that often, and usually call it "Devs."

Also, I talked to a staff member over the summer that marched Cavaliers, and he told me that he HATED when people called the corps "Cavies," and insisted that it should be "Cavs" instead.

Don't know how prevalent either of those are. Could just be the individuals I talked to, but it was interesting to see them both hating the name that the drum corps community commonly uses for them.

Funny, I prefer "Cavies" to "Cavs". When I marched, we were most definitely "Cavies" or "The Green Machine".

The Cavs are a professional basketball team from Cleveland.... I never really heard The Cavaliers being referred to as "Cavs" until after '03.

I was taken aback. :blink:

Where with the other names i've heard (ie cavs and devs), i've never heard anyone call PR just Regiment. i've heard "PR", "Phantom", "Phant" and "Phantom Reg." but never just Regiment.

I have heard Phantom, PR and Regiment, but never Phant or Phantom Reg.

Some of the ones I've heard include....

Phantom Regiment: PR, regiment (that one dude in the 2003 finals vid that yelled let's go regiment in the beginning)

Carolina Crown: Crown, and Cream Team (only once)

Holy Name Cadets: Holy Name, Cadets

Santa Clara Vanguard: Vanguard! (I want the yell please :D) Santa Clara, SCV

Pacific Crest: Pac Crest (I heard it on a DCI Field Pass) PC

Troopers: Troop

Blue Devils: BD is the most common, Blue team

Bluecoats: all I ever hear towards them is BLOOOOOOOOOOO

Cavaliers: Cavs, Cavies, Green Machine

Boston Crusaders: BAC, Boston (yeah I've heard it yelled in the crowd),

that's all I can remember from the top of my head right now xD

Phantom Regiment: PR, regiment (that one dude in the 2003 finals vid that yelled let's go regiment in the beginning)

I always think of the beginning of the closer in '96 - "Go Regiment"