Madison Scouts 2010

Cop

I'm very excited about the start Madison had last night. Thinking BK, Troopers, Glassmen, Blue Stars, and Boston are all very much within reach.

Not trying to be a buzzkill. Scores are meaningless until San Antonio. You know it, I know it, and the Lord knows it.

I have no idea why anyone would say this. What I do know is that 5 judges watched 7 corps and gave their opinions on the relative strength of their programs. That's no more or less meaningful than any other show.

just watched it.

I think it's the best Madison show in years, and I don't even like Gershwin.

I do think the 3-4 minutes after the VERY cool opener are going to cause some scoring problems, but no matter what, a big improvement over the last several years.

just watched it.

I do think the 3-4 minutes after the VERY cool opener are going to cause some scoring problems, but no matter what, a big improvement over the last several years.

How about Rodgers & Hart?

I'm very excited about the start Madison had last night. Thinking BK, Troopers, Glassmen, Blue Stars, and Boston are all very much within reach.

Right now we know Madison is in reach of Glassmen, that is it. When Madison goes head to head with the other corps you've listed then we'll know if they're in reach of them, or outright beating them or what have you. It definitely sounds like the Scouts will be mixing it up!

As for the do scores matter do they not matter, the more I think of it the more I think they are actually quite relevent. I remember a lot of people expecting some major shuffling to take place once the full panel's started last year and if memory serves there was little or no movement in placement as a direct result of that. I still think the first week at least is affected by previous years placement SOME, but we've already seen departure from that after just a few shows.

Agreed. The last few years, it seems like Madison's early season has been dominated by show design problems and talent problems. This year, the show works on opening day and all sections of the corps seem like they can do what's being asked of them. They just need to clean it and perform the snot out of it. They'll certainly get a huge crowd reaction, and most likely they'll do OK with the judges too.

Agreed. The last few years, it seems like Madison's early season has been dominated by show design problems and talent problems. This year, the show works on opening day and all sections of the corps seem like they can do what's being asked of them. They just need to clean it and perform the snot out of it. They'll certainly get a huge crowd reaction, and most likely they'll do OK with the judges too.

Well,...there have been many years when crowd reaction didn't win a thing.

Well,...there have been many years when crowd reaction didn't win a thing.

and many more that did... :tongue: