Madison Scouts 2010

Cop

Not needed. Show is really good without them.

That's not the point. This uni just doesn't look right without spats. My understand is that the Scouts took delivery of about 150 pair of spats a few months ago. Are they waiting to unveil the spats?

That's not the point. This uni just doesn't look right without spats. My understand is that the Scouts took delivery of about 150 pair of spats a few months ago. Are they waiting to unveil the spats?

Maybe they will put them on Friday. Or maybe they are waiting to put them on when the tag ending goes in. Or mabye they were delivered and they were all blue and not white. Or mabye? Just saying they are real good without them. Personally I know whats up cause I asked Cris in Minn. so go to a show and ask, I bet they will tell u.

That would be awesome! Especially since Blue Stars fans have no problem saying negative things about the Scouts on these forums.

Ya, that's something I don't really get either. :thumbup: I could understand I maybe there was this huge rivalry or something. Maybe it's sensing a threat to their progress. To be honest, after this G7 mess, I hope BS continue to build and get stronger. I'd like to see us BOTH in the Top 6 every year...with Scouts ahead, of course. :laughing:

My guess is 9th place this year. A great move and definitely most improved corps of 2010.

I could be wrong though too.

Scouts in 9th this year would be an amazing accomplishment. A HUGE jump.

That would be awesome! Especially since Blue Stars fans have no problem saying negative things about the Scouts on these forums.

What's good for the Scouts is good for drum corps. Any corps beating Blue Stars this year will have to have an amazing show, which speaks highly of any corps doing so.

I feel I've been very fair in my assessment of them this year. (see my review from the La Crosse show)

Madison Scouts. Feel good drum corps . Great nostalgic music. Visual program too 80's, seems like very low demand compared to their competition. Drumline much better than anticipated, pretty clean but not a terribly demanding book, nice feature in Rhapsody. Hornline sounds good but don't sound as big as they look, not even close. Got no more low end from them than from the other big hornlines. This corps is performing this show pretty well, may run into early peaking due to low demand. Appropriate score/spread.

It probably isn't what a biased Scouts homer would have written, but it's still fair.

Scout homers seem to be the least capable of any group to accept even the mildest of criticizm regarding their corps. There is nothing wrong with talking about what needs to get better.

Peace.

Scout homers seem to be the least capable of any group to accept even the mildest of criticizm regarding their corps. There is nothing wrong with talking about what needs to get better.

Well, I was right with you till this last part. I haven't noticed Scouts homers being worse than homers from any other group, when it comes to taking constructive criticism. But if you think about what "homers" means, it makes sense that they're all very "Rah, rah!" about their groups. That's what homers do.

I guess I’ve totally unaware of these type of comments. Are they coming from a few individuals, or many? I think we should be careful about painting a large group of fans too broad of a brush if it is just coming from a few individuals on something like say…a drum corps web site forum. Let’s face it, those aren’t the most representative comments, just the loudest.

I have fond memories of the Blue Stars as being nothing less than a class organization. I haven’t seen anything that would change my mind on that at this point.

Well, I was right with you till this last part. I haven't noticed Scouts homers being worse than homers from any other group, when it comes to taking constructive criticism. But if you think about what "homers" means, it makes sense that they're all very "Rah, rah!" about their groups. That's what homers do.

Good point.

What's good for the Scouts is good for drum corps. Any corps beating Blue Stars this year will have to have an amazing show, which speaks highly of any corps doing so.

I feel I've been very fair in my assessment of them this year. (see my review from the La Crosse show)

Madison Scouts. Feel good drum corps . Great nostalgic music. Visual program too 80's, seems like very low demand compared to their competition. Drumline much better than anticipated, pretty clean but not a terribly demanding book, nice feature in Rhapsody. Hornline sounds good but don't sound as big as they look, not even close. Got no more low end from them than from the other big hornlines. This corps is performing this show pretty well, may run into early peaking due to low demand. Appropriate score/spread.

It probably isn't what a biased Scouts homer would have written, but it's still fair.

Peace.

I don't disagree with any of this. Blue Stars have a show that was designed to get them into the top-6. Madison has a show that was designed to get back into finals. A good staff can make adjustments, but the basic product is what it is. Different goals for corps at different levels of re-building.

On a side note, I think the discussion on this board would be more civil and productive if we all just agreed to stop using inflammatory language. "Homer," "fan-boy," "kool-aid drinker," etc are just juvenile insults. If you can't make your point in any other way, then maybe you don't have a point worth making.

Who's calling us homers? Wait, I am a Homer, D'oh!