Madison Scouts 2010

Cop

They look even more Bad A## than before!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?p...id=307943455915

I love the neckerchiefs...but this just makes the Scouts uni scream even more for spats!

I love the neckerchiefs...but this just makes the Scouts uni scream even more for spats!

Neckerchiefs (hopefully spats next year) and someone on another thread who attended the show says they were introduced as the "Madison Explorer Scouts." Is that true? Wow...in a good way!

what a great year for the Scouts in 2010! ... :smile: ... but I have to give a huge shout out and a "no one is forgetting you guys either" to the Scouts of the last few 4 and 5 years :worthy: as well when the appreciation seemed not quite so similar comparatively! It certainly was and is, but it just had all the hoopla around it which was simply a distraction, not a measure of your awesomeness... :doh:

+1 :shutup:

Dear Scouts,

Please; no spats. They stunk then, and they would stink now.

Sincerely,

A Fan

PS - I loved this year's uniform. Good job.

Spats: Yes.

Neckerchiefs: No.

At least make it look like they didn't just come out of the box. they look all stiff and incongruous.

Neckerchiefs (hopefully spats next year) and someone on another thread who attended the show says they were introduced as the "Madison Explorer Scouts." Is that true? Wow...in a good way!

Yes they were. It was hard to hear though because of the crowd reaction to them just being on the field. It was definitely a ruckus Scouts crowd! I'm glad you mentioned it because I wasn't sure what Brandt Crocker had said. :thumbup:

I love the neckerchiefs and the spats. I thought Scouts fans would like this quote from friends of mine, a Japanese couple to whom I had been extolling the virtues of drum and bugle corps. Well, they happen to live in Bloomington, I found out, so I reminded them about DCI. To my pleasant surprise they decided to go. Here's what he said:

We went to the Drum Corp final (International) yesterday, check this video out! We only stayed until the first half of the program so were not able to watch the best team at the end, however we were so impressed with the quality of their performance (even I was about to cry after watching one of the presentations, forgot the name, but one from WI performed with only boys)! We are already talking about going there again next year. And I just wanted to thank you for introducing this great stuff to us. It would be great if we can go to the stadium all together next year.

See? Madison's always been a fan favorite, even for total newbies. This made me so happy to see.

Go Scouts!

Edited by RickCogley

Yes they were. It was hard to hear though because of the crowd reaction to them just being on the field. It was definitely a ruckus Scouts crowd! I'm glad you mentioned it because I wasn't sure what Brandt Crocker had said. :thumbup:

Yes, Crocker announced them as the "Madison Explorer Scouts". Very cool by the way. The only thing missing from the '75 Uniform were the spats. I can already hear my car speakers crying form mercy when I get the CD and crank that baby!!!! Fabulous job Men and I hope that y'all take the next step in '11.

Yes, Crocker announced them as the "Madison Explorer Scouts". Very cool by the way. The only thing missing from the '75 Uniform were the spats. I can already hear my car speakers crying form mercy when I get the CD and crank that baby!!!! Fabulous job Men and I hope that y'all take the next step in '11.

I actually saw you standing outside the stadium watching Glassmen warm up as I was driving by to the parking area. I believe you were rockin' the Pujols jersey. :thumbup:

And I'm officially predicting record numbers at audition camp this year! I can't imagine why any guy out there wouldn't want to march Scouts, knowing that this design team probably has somehing even MORE special laid out for next year. I'm ready for 2011 right now!!

what a great year for the Scouts in 2010! ... :thumbup: ... but I have to give a huge shout out and a "no one is forgetting you guys either" to the Scouts of the last few 4 and 5 years :thumbup: as well when the appreciation seemed not quite so similar comparatively! It certainly was and is, but it just had all the hoopla around it which was simply a distraction, not a measure of your awesomeness... :thumbup:

Great point. Thanks for bringing it up.