Could the new pre-show rule lead to woodwinds?

Will the Pre-Show rule lead to woodwinds?  

216 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Pre-Show rule lead to woodwinds?

• Yes
    • No
    • It's unlcear at this point.

THIS???? is the quote that was attacking todays Drum Corps. :worthy:

Pass the Bomaby Sapphire Mike, some folks need to chill the Hades out.... :worthy:

:worthy: Funny thing is I gave up drinking a few months ago and am working towards giving up smoking maybe this week.

Stopping drinking was not hard, smoking however.................

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:worthy: Funny thing is I gave up drinking a few months ago and am working towards giving up smoking maybe this week.

Stopping drinking was not hard, smoking however.................

Good luck buddy, my future in-laws and wife all gave up smoking the same month. They may have given each other support but everyone else caught the brunt of the cold-turkey.... :worthy:

Weirdest part was when they remodeled to get the smell out of the house. They had wallpaper with a felt pattern, ####### felt smelled like smoke. :worthy: Hellooooo new wallpaper. :worthy:

DCI is turning drum corps into something its not. It is DRUM CORPS, not a stage show. If you want to be a stage show, go start another Blast!. We don't need Super Corps of over 150 people. There is no reason to have that many people. 135 or ever 128 are fine. Voiceovers and narration are not needed. If you need those things for your show, then your concept is too complicated. Music IS the universal language. Speak with it.

The Directors of the corps that participate in DCI events are the ones who make/change the rules. Make sure that you point the finger at the correct people that you have issues with.

The Directors of the corps that participate in DCI events are the ones who make/change the rules. Make sure that you point the finger at the correct people that you have issues with.

i think many of us do, but even then we're "bashing the kids"

i think many of us do, but even then we're "bashing the kids"

You are right, but if you look at the post I quoted you will see I was commenting on that particular individual.

Woodwinds really blow

Woodwinds really blow

Sometimes they squeek

( whicj is worse than a frack )

Edited by The Other Mike

....and corps began more extensive and costly touring before DCI, too....

How many? Who outside of the Troopers toured 'extensively' before 1972? Maybe Santa Clara in 1971...and I guess the Argonne Rebels in 71. Not a lot of 'extensive' touring before that. The typical corps had one long tour of a week or two, and some long weekends to travel outside of their area, but hardly 'extensive' touring on any large scale.

You can repeat that as many times as you want, but it won't make it true.

But it IS true...absolutely. You can deny it all YOU want to somehow try and blame DCI for the failure of the local corps, but it's just not true. Not remotely.

But it IS true...absolutely. You can deny it all YOU want to somehow try and blame DCI for the failure of the local corps, but it's just not true. Not remotely.

You can absolve DCI from any and all responsibility for the loss of the numbers of Corps since DCI's inception, but it's also not true. DCI is perhaps not solely responsible for the demise of so many Corps, but to absolve DCI from any and all responsibility is simply naive. Right from the get go, DCI had, at best, a terrible relationship with all the local regional circuits around the country.DCI not only closed off communication with all the local regional circuits, but in their short sightedness at the time, DCI believed that if the local circuits went away it would actually be a good thing for both DCI and the activity as a whole. This last point is certainly open to debate in hindsight however. The Local circuits did collapse, yet the activity has lost Corps, fans, marchers since then. The notion that DCI had nothing at all to do with this loss of Corps, fans, total marchers in the activity that not only did not abate but instead accelerated under their watch, simply doesn't pass muster. " Not remotely ".

Edited by BRASSO