The Best Win vs. another corps winning

(I know most of you will love this topic)

Would you rather have the best drum corps win, or would you rather want someone that hasn't won in a while to win?

(you can also throw in the best corps vs. the underdog, etc.)

Personally...If the corps is the best corps out there...they deserve to win, even though there are groups that are close...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd always like to see new blood at the top. Keeps things interesting.

Crown '10? :worthy:

In order to HAVE to make that choice, it needs to come down to 2 corps that are pretty much equal....in that case, I tend to go for the one that hasn't won....hence my joy in 08 Regiment, even if it was at the expense of my OWN home corps and by less than a gnat's whisker in score.

That being said....if it had been any other corps in 08 I probably would feel differently (Especially if it was Cadets....not because of the show so much....I just still hate losing to Hop! :worthy: )

Would you rather have the best drum corps win, or would you rather want someone that hasn't won in a while to win?

Personally...If the corps is the best corps out there...they deserve to win, even though there are groups that are close...

I'd prefer for the crowds favorite to win.

We can count on one hand during the last 25 years when the crowd's favorite that year wound up winning it all.

It' so rare, I'd opt for that.

I'm just not into being wowed by sterile technical brilliance.

I'm wowed by entertaining shows.... warts and all. If I want perfection, I'd go to a Itzhak Perlman performance.

It's Drum Corps by amateurs for heavens sake. Not the Vienna Orchestra or some such.

Edited by BRASSO

The best corps should always win. If a corps that is not the best ends up winning, we lose all progression and innovation in the activity.

Most of the innovations that have come about in Drum Corps did not originate from the winning Corps that year. They were found in placements Corps, 2- 25, and then percolated up to the top the next year or two, ( creative staffs move up to top ) and utilized successfully by THAT winning Corps.

This is also true in the busiiness world where the vast majority of new innovations did not come from largest companies, but instead from very small companies below. The entrepreners make their mark with innovations in small companies, which in turn the largest companies then utilize these innovations in future years.

Great innovations and progressive advance rarely come from the top. They almost without exception come from the bottom and then percolate up to the top.

Edited by BRASSO

I'd prefer for the crowds favorite to win.

I'm wowed by entertaining shows.... warts and all. If I want perfection, I'd go to a Itzhak Perlman performance.

Been there, done that. Totally not as entertaining as any corps I've seen. I agree with you man

The best.

If it happens to be someone new, cool. If not, oh well.

You beat me to it.

I'd like it if the best corps on any given night wins. As opposed to being rewarded for reputation or past performances