F.S.O.A.T

Tough question.. but if i HAVE to pick one...

Star 1993. Never saw it live (i didnt see my first show until 10 years later) but #### what a great show.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cadets 2000

2000 Blue Devils

I don't think I'm wrong in saying that, I'm sure most of us would prefer them to duplicate this sound EVERY year. 2006 was close, but still not quite. Great show design and spectacular music. Prototypical BD look and flair while channeling it to a dynamic theme.

Plain and simple this show doesn't come across as trying to do something just because its on the sheets. Its just fun, loud, fast, creative (while staying accessible), and entertaining. This is my favorite "image" of BD. All the madness without needing to put it on a Billboard.

Phantom 2003.... the very first encounter I ever had with drum corps (not live, but even online, it was a life changing experience). Music takes my breath away, every time.

Star of Indiana 1990- Belshezzar's Feast

-The first chords of the opener. :thumbdown:

-Arrangement of the horn book :thumbdown:

-Mellophones :worthy:

- Drill :ph34r:

- The end of the second movement- perfectly controlled in the hornline and feet.

- The Closer- Emotional, Powerful, Impact,...and however many more adjectives to describe exctiement. Its all there.

Side Note:

-Made me look in the book of Daniel to see what "Mene, Mene, Tekel, Upharsin" was all about....

-Curt Gowdy's "Gowdyism" - "Biblical England".

Waiting to hear what Star Alumni will bring back to the field from this show. No doubt, will be a goose bump moment for me.

2000 Blue Devils

I don't think I'm wrong in saying that, I'm sure most of us would prefer them to duplicate this sound EVERY year. 2006 was close, but still not quite. Great show design and spectacular music. Prototypical BD look and flair while channeling it to a dynamic theme.

Plain and simple this show doesn't come across as trying to do something just because its on the sheets. Its just fun, loud, fast, creative (while staying accessible), and entertaining. This is my favorite "image" of BD. All the madness without needing to put it on a Billboard.

YES. This show rocks!