cavaliers 2002

In 2003, when SCV visited for the Leander show, they practiced at the HS that was right across the street from my office. I went over on my lunch break to watch them. During practically every single break, when they'd aimlessly hack on the drums - like drummers do - they always ended up playing the same thing. Yup - Fight Club.

Mike

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 2003, when SCV visited for the Leander show, they practiced at the HS that was right across the street from my office. I went over on my lunch break to watch them. During practically every single break, when they'd aimlessly hack on the drums - like drummers do - they always ended up playing the same thing. Yup - Fight Club.

Mike

with or without the ticks? :tongue:

I have them all on dvd. saw pretty much everyone of them live. yeah, it's my least favorite since 1978.

So you like it better than "Do You Wanna Get Funky With Me", but not as much as "Ai No Corrida"?

So you like it better than "Do You Wanna Get Funky With Me", but not as much as "Ai No Corrida"?

yep. I loved the 79 and 80 shows. Oh sure, they were starting the rebuilding process to get to be the power they were and are again, but they were some fun shows.

I could listen to Santa Esmerelda, any of the Pines of Romes, Sing Sing Sing from 81 any day and be jamming

Hey ! 1982 was one of the best Cavaliers shows and I like it better than 2002, its valid because I feel it ! Guard did more "tricks" in 82 also....

G

any opinion is perfectly valid.

If i said "2008 PhantomRegiment is the WORST show they have put on since the founding of the corps"

Perfectly "valid" opinion.. Doesnt really make much sense though.

Not to wander too far off topic, but...

In terms of logic, no, an opinion cannot be valid. Opinions are usually nothing more than personal belief, being intersubjective with no basis, research or study in the topic at hand, and not founded upon cogent application of reason. They are not arguments, where one can be valid or invalid. And while some may argue that opinions are an exercise of reason, one could also contend that not all applications of reason with regard to concepts are valid/cogent.

Anyway, back on topic, I thought the fight club section worked well with their show concept.

Edited by dcsnare93

however, i usually love the Cavies, but 2002 is my least favorite show of theirs going back to 1978

We didn't have a 1978. Didn't happen. :thumbup: