Tell Me Why...

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 reasons:

1) I have the drum corps shows that I want to see on some sort of recording already

2) I don't go to the movies in general and avoid a lot of event where there are crowds because I get irritated very easily. If you're going to walk, walk; if you're going to stop and talk, GTF out of the way to do it; and STFU when the show starts.

Actually, I AM going to the Countdown to meet friends and go out to dinner.

However, the CONTENT of the Countdown has nothing to do with why I'm going. I got the Fan Network and friends have the DVD, it's just last year's top 5. What was so wrong with the old format???

Same here: friends.. food... frivolities... final five fun feast.......fffffabulous!

I'm not going because I don't like the new format (hey Rich!). I really liked the Classic Count Down.

Not going because there's nothing novel showing. Top 5 from last year is just too new. I would like to see some variety of years or a new approach.

It would be nice to see more classic shows in the countdown. How about SCV '88, or Star '90? I'd even love Devils '95, '93, '91. Show me some Scouts '82 and then hype on Scouts '10!

Show me some Crown '96 or '97 and then hype on Crown '10! Give me some Coats '87, '88, '89 then hype on 2010 Coats or Pacific Crest!

Give me some vintage Freelancers and then hype on Blue Stars! Give me some BDB '10 hype and then show Spirit '89...

Throw in 1 old skool show for that group. Make a connection to the past and present. Make it fresh.

I just wish I had waited to buy the Blu-rays until after the countdown so I could have saved $20! lol

The Blu-rays are amazing, Drum corps FINALLY looks good on my HDTV.. so I AM going to see if how the HD looks on the bigscreen.

Yes, I've seen the shows and own the shows, but I am hoping to enjoy them on the big screen with lots of local drum corps fan. That outweighs and any all negatives for me (though I certainly understand not wanting to drive 100+ miles though!)