Changes in DCI?

Let's hope that today's shake up put a lid on the coup for now. All I know is I won't be attending any shows sponsored by BD, Cadets, Cavies, SCV, Crown, or Bluecoats this summer. I won't be buying any of their souvies or watching their shows. And I will discourage my students from considering marching with any of these corps.

I think you should hold off on any such pronouncements, at least until the real details come out. You might be surprised which corps you will and won't support...

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's hope that today's shake up put a lid on the coup for now. All I know is I won't be attending any shows sponsored by BD, Cadets, Cavies, SCV, Crown, or Bluecoats this summer. I won't be buying any of their souvies or watching their shows. And I will discourage my students from considering marching with any of these corps.

You know that no solid facts about any of this brouhaha have come out yet, right?

Mike, your direct quote here is " posters want Junior Corps to fail ".

I read all of this thread. I see no posters that are in favor of, nor called for," the failure of Junior Corps".

I quoted the post where the poster said exactly that.

Dustyboo said this..."I hope this split happens and DCI goes belly up and takes all their bands with them. " Sorry, but my interpretation is that he wants to see junior corps fail.

Well, it is in " the interpretation ". My interpretaton would be his primary beef is with " DCI ". He is specifically mentioning " DCI to go belly up ". A further reading of the ENTIRE comments Dustypoo made was that he was a advocate of the DCA model for Corps... and said this also in the those same comments of his above ( you deleted here ). The most apt interpretation it seems to me would be that he wants " DCI to go belly up ". His primary beef is with DCI .... not with their " Junior Corps". ( keep in mind that not all" Junior Corps" are members of DCI ). Plus, your post above said " Posters ( plural ) want Junior Corps to fail ". There are no multiple posters calling for " Junior Corps to fail ". Even Dustypoo's primary angst is with the structure of the organization of DCI. He hates DCI and loves DCA. That's his central point that can be garnered from his remarks above, Mike.

Edited by BRASSO

Wondering why we have not seen Michael Boo or the DCI/DCP Liasion Bob Jacobs making any comments on this issue.

Maybe they aren't at liberty to do so yet.

Well, it is in " the interpretation ". My interpretaton would be his primary beef is with " DCI ". He is specifically mentioning " DCI to go belly up ". A further reading of the ENTIRE comments Dustypoo made was that he was a advocate of the DCA model for Corps... and said this also in the those same comments of his above ( you deleted here ). The most apt interpretation it seems to me would be that he wants " DCI to go belly up ". His primary beef is with DCI .... not with their " Junior Corps". ( keep in mind that not all" Junior Corps" are members of DCI ). Plus, your post above said " Posters ( plural ) want Junior Corps to fail ". There are no multiple posters calling for " Junior Corps to fail ". Even Dustypoo's primary angst is with the structure of the organization of DCI. He hates DCI and loves DCA. That's his central point that can be garnered from his remarks above, Mike.

Not IMO..he specifically stated he wants the DCI corps to go 'belly up'. How many competitive junior corps would be left without the DCI corps?

Sometimes history does repeat itself.

We've had " The Combine " before of 6 or 7 Corps looking to shake more apples out of the tree for themselves collectively.

As Yogi Berra once remarked.... " it's DeJa Vu all over again ".

Edited by BRASSO

Wondering why we have not seen Michael Boo or the DCI/DCP Liasion Bob Jacobs making any comments on this issue.

Some people here have thier own inside info on this situation, all I know is, if what I have been told is true, this may be a major shake up and a new crossroad for this activity to either excel or fall flat on thier faces.

Counting the hours till the offical press release..........

I am not writing any official press release (at least thus far) on whatever the heck is this unknown thing we've been discussing in this thread. I wasn't at any meeting this past weekend and my creative efforts were directed towards writing the DCI souvenir program book. I look forward to learning more like everyone else. I don't work in the office and sometimes I don't find out about things until official releases come out.

Please tell me you're joking.

Sometimes history does repeat itself.

We've had " The Combine " before.

As Yogi Berra once remarked.... " it looks like DeJa Vu all over again "

And I'll respond the same way I did the last time you said this. When the Combine was formed, they broke away from VFW and didn't mind anyone else coming along. In fact they wanted everyone to come along. These 7 don't want anyone to come along. They want everything to themselves. Not quite history repeating.