Woodwinds now legal in DCI

Exactly. And I can even tell you when I'm volunteering with corps, the members love coming through the food line and hearing some old school drum corps they've never even heard before. It's just not MY preference. If everyone on DCP would remember that all they have is an opinion or preference, I think the playground would be a safer place. Instead of, "I hate narration and amplification is the worst and it's all Hopkins fault!" you got, "This activity is much different than what it was for me, and I really liked it how it used to be. But, obviously there's still people enjoying it for what it is..." the entire makeup of DCP would be changed. An opinion is just one persons thoughts on a topic. Even a group of people with similar opinions at one place does not make it a majority or a fact.

right. but then when people say they dont like it, and dont want to pay to see it, we get the guilt trips about hurting the kids etc.

it's a two way street and your side doesnt exactly follow your advice either

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they were really well connected, people would believe them.

I'm sorry, but quoting "sources" sounds a little like TMZ or Hollywood Tonight. Not very credible.

If these "sources" have info, they should have the #@$%s to post it themselpes instead of using another to disseminate their "inside" information.

well they dont want to post. but they were ok if i did. oh and TMZ is usually right, like it or not.

Enjoy the eighties G.

Those that know should post here. Then we might really know what is happening instead of listening to someone quote "sources" as if they know everything.

But once again, this is just my humble opinion. Maybe Jeff is Moses. If he is, maybe he can solve all the worlds problems. That would be great!

I could. it's just the idiots of the world wont listen :blink:

No there isn't.

See that's what I'm talking about. PROOF that numbers like that actually exist.

except what Dan said wasnt proof. it was an estimate...and estimates can be wrong.

But the already is MBI, only it's called BOA. Remember the speculation as to why DCI decided to move its HQ to Indianapolis, which is also the home of BOA?

There's also the MBI in Minnesota, but I don't think you're talking DCA corps in this thread... :blink:

the was a summer band circuit. it died...lack of interest

the was a summer band circuit. it died...lack of interest

So I can't imagine turning DCI in to generally the same thing would provide a lot of profit for them. I don't know, maybe you could market it differently.

Yes.

This rule did nothing more than codifying something that was already legal in the first place.

George Hopkins is a Nazi! (I'm not really sure what this means, but it's the argument most used in highly polarized political discussions these days...so it seemed appropriate.)

Dear Bawker,

Thank you for your post #112. It is too long to quote here, but I quite enjoyed it and I agree strongly with that post. Too much focus on the artistry nowadays when all we want to hear is the pure, raw power of 80+ brass instruments.

So there you go Teek....

Go make/start your Marching Band International.... take all your gd woodwinds.... and you and hoppy can have a grand old time !!!!!!!!!!!

First, the name is "Tekk", second, I'm not into having woodwinds in drum corps. Never said I was so don't put words in my mouth. I just stated that people should stop coming on here posting show numbers when they have no proof of it.

right. but then when people say they don't like it, and don't want to pay to see it, we get the guilt trips about hurting the kids etc.

God has this been used forever. Quite honestly, what defines kids anymore unless you go to a cadet corps show that actually has "kids" rather than young adults.