Possible 2011 DCI Touring Format Poll  

369 members have voted

1. 1. The proposed tour for top 7 and special events

• for it
    • against it
    • undecided wait and see
    • other

The stock market dropped 376 points today...obviously as a reaction to this

Somebody must have typed in " billion " instead of " million " at DCI HQ. this afternoon in their stock transfer.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This situation is very dire folks.

I am not speaking in hyperbole when I tell you that you need to enjoy this season. For those who want to pretend this is a good thing, let me assure that it is not. It's about as bad as it gets and I don't know what we can do, but somehow we need to form a unified voice about this.

I cannot really say any more than this. This isn't about conspiracy theories or "what ifs".

P.S. I am not the kind of person to stir up unnecessary fears.

Rather than focus on the alternative touring concept, I wanted to create an additional discussion in reference to the DCW post today. It focuses a little bit more on the proposed administrative "changing of the guard", or perhaps more appropriately, that which has already been manifested and essentially thrown into motion by a few individuals representing the G7 already.

Most concerning to me was this in the DCW article...

What the??? So the Cavaliers basically were included in this greedy power hungry grouping only on basis of assumption by Hopkins. Mr. Warren himself says Adolph DeGrauwe never acknowledged being on-board with this. This sounds a bit premature by Hopkins to make this long-winded presentation on the future of the G7 when one of the corps (and are there others?) hadn't even signed off on it. Wonderful!

So basically, as I understand it, they're going to eradicate the problem at the root by simply severing ties with the man at the top (who would, by the way, give his left arm and both legs for any one of his dedicated staff members that work in downtown Indy at the office). And since they know he would defend the ongoing need for a staff of their size (despite being understaffed as it is), it would pave an easier road for the proposed "downsizing" of the staff in order to funnel more money into the pockets of the G7.

It's a brilliant plan really. You see, because ultimately this will kill off this already dying niche of an activity faster than any of us had ever imagined.

Seriously, where did this professional sports attitude come from? IMHO, some people seem to be taking the red, white, and blue logo and "Marching Music's Major League" slogan a little too literally these days. We should be trying our damndest to support the entire activity to allow for future expansion and the ultimate preservation of it. Rather, we're now forcing others to give us a raise (speaking like a member of the G7) by simply creating a coup designed in mind strictly with who we're redirecting the funds to. What a crock of bull. Thanks for making up my mind up already on who I'll support this coming season.

Cavalier issue has been brought up, but it bears mentioning again

I think as a fan base we can send a message starting now by not supporting these G7 corps . Go to the shows and support the non G7 corps, but don't buy the T shirts and don't contribute to the G7 corps. That is how you will send a big message, I can assure you Hopkins will be the first crying about needing money to get his corps down the road.

I think they may be trying out the concept at the...

June 18 – The 3 “C” Double Play Season Opener

Featuring The Cadets, Cavaliers and Carolina Crown

$53 – Limited Exclusive VIP seats with double-wide seats and in-stadium parking (only 50 tickets available)

$23 – Reserved

$13 – Value Reserved

Children 12 and under are admitted FREE but must have a ticket; Reserved and Value Reserved seats only.

I think as a fan base we can send a message starting now by not supporting these G7 corps . Go to the shows and support the non G7 corps, but don't buy the T shirts and don't contribute to the G7 corps. That is how you will send a big message, I can assure you Hopkins will be the first crying about needing money to get his corps down the road.

I wish I still had the donation request that Crown sent me. I could send it back with a nice letter and no money. Unfortunately I already threw it out.

The Cavies have spoken officially - check out Adolph's message done today at 2:44AM

Message from Adolph

The Cavaliers on New Touring Model Proposal

Thursday, May 20th, 2010 - 2:44 AM

By Adolph DeGrauwe

http://www.cavaliers.org/cgi-bin/news.pl?c...tory&id=958

Edited by RBarron10