• other

Let's be nice, all. Please?

:thumbup:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not playing dumb, it's reminding people that drum corps will not survive on well wishes and kind words alone. Everyone in this thread says they love the smaller corps. When's the last time you donated to an Open Class corps? Bought a souvenir? Volunteered your time? I don't know you, perhaps you can say you've done any of those things - but I'm confident that the overwhelming majority of drum corps fans never have. If you don't like the idea of Open Class corps receiving less money, then what have you personally done about it?

well hell man, when 80% of the countrys population cant even see them because they are routed to no mans land for shows or not invited to WC shows, how will people knwo them?

Death of the smaller corps followed by the death of the activity all fueled by greed of the top 7. They want big stadium events. They'll start out "in addition" to the smaller events but fans will tend to go to the stadium events instead of the smaller venues. Not 100% of course, but in significant enough numbers to kill off the smaller events within a few years.

Forgive me, but I'm not clear on the voting process for a proposal such as this. How many voting members are there and how many do they need? If they don't get the votes, will they do their own thing "in addition" to DCI?

This is depressing...

Finally someone tells it like it is. Don't be naive people. Certain Directors - Gibbs and Hoppy first and foremost,

do not play nice in achieving their goals. They told Scott Stewart in a meeting back in 97 that he would either

stop resisting them and their agenda or be pushed out of the activity (if anyone doubts this - feel free to call or e-mail Scott personally and ask him about that meeting) They told him they were sick of the Drum Corps activity and

were going to change it into "Super Marching Band". If he would just go along with them, he would also share

in reaping the same financial benefits that they were going to. He said to them "If you are so bored with

this activity then why don't you get the F*** out!" Now I admit, Scott wasn't exactly diplomatic, but that's

how he is. He doesn't pull any punches. But the point is, these guys tried to pressure, persuade and intimidate

another Director rather than listening to his proposal. They had already made up their minds as to what they

were going to do and they were going to use any means neccessary to get there. Scott and many others

predicted this scenario 12 years ago and now it is materializing before our eyes. And there are some

of you who are so willingly naive to suggest we wait and see what happens!

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...t&p=2785557

It's not playing dumb, it's reminding people that drum corps will not survive on well wishes and kind words alone. Everyone in this thread says they love the smaller corps. When's the last time you donated to an Open Class corps? Bought a souvenir? Volunteered your time? I don't know you, perhaps you can say you've done any of those things - but I'm confident that the overwhelming majority of drum corps fans never have. If you don't like the idea of Open Class corps receiving less money, then what have you personally done about it?

I went to a show of just OC. I see them at every show I go to when they go on before WC. That is helping them.

Yes, we are the willing, the ignorant and the naive. Now that you and "nemesiscorps" have set us on a path of certain truth and the "real story" we should all be grateful for saving us at the precipice. See how easy that is...you just say things on the internet and people believe you. It's really quite simple. Good night you Princes of Maine, you Kings of New England!

or many of us do research and remember history and see things were talked about 12 years ago that are now coming to fruition.

or many of us do research and remember history and see things were talked about 12 years ago that are now coming to fruition.

I'm still trying to get good seats in fruition............... :thumbup:

Death of the smaller corps followed by the death of the activity all fueled by greed of the top 7. They want big stadium events. They'll start out "in addition" to the smaller events but fans will tend to go to the stadium events instead of the smaller venues. Not 100% of course, but in significant enough numbers to kill off the smaller events within a few years.

Forgive me, but I'm not clear on the voting process for a proposal such as this. How many voting members are there and how many do they need? If they don't get the votes, will they do their own thing "in addition" to DCI?

This is depressing...

I do believe the top 21 corps have a vote in World Class. Open class directors have no votes. I forget and if someone could help me that knows....but Im pretty sure the board approves and motion and then the whole collective then votes on it.