New tour concept for 2011 proposed

Possible 2011 DCI Touring Format Poll  

369 members have voted

1. 1. The proposed tour for top 7 and special events

• for it
    • against it
    • undecided wait and see
    • other

The DCW article looks pretty objective to me. It's pretty much just a sequential statement of facts.

There is nothing wrong with the DCW article. Steve and company have been doing this a long time, they knwo what they are doing. Hell, it's better than half the crud written by professional journalists these days.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you vote in the poll for the change? Just want to see how this poll folds out.

I don't think a poll is a good idea in this thread...at least not yet, and not one limited to those choices.

they all released it together at the same time

Interesting: the same article is also on Crown's website...

DCW paints a pretty negative picture of this, and pretty much tells me the first release from the G7 is fluff (and why a lot of the 'dirt' was glossed over in their releases.

Did you vote in the poll for the change? Just want to see how this poll folds out.

I voted after reading the DCW article, yes.

Elitism and arrogance at its best in DCI, go figure.

What the "powers that be" want, the "powers that be" will get, not matter what anyone says - just look at the last few years of rules changes.

So, are they afraid that some of the "non-G7" corps are starting to pick up steam and the playing field is leveling out too much for them to stay on top?

DCA is our only hope now...

I like this line myself:

While his corps was included in the presentation, The Cavaliers’ founder, Don Warren, told Drum Corps World that Director Adolph DeGrauwe has never given any word to the group that his corps is on-board with the concept.

There is nothing wrong with the DCW article. Steve and company have been doing this a long time, they knwo what they are doing. Hell, it's better than half the crud written by professional journalists these days.

anonymous sources in an article about drum corps? really?

blatant editorializing?

i realize that DCW isn't trying to be the new york times, but if you're going to "break" news and make a big deal about it, how about a good faith effort?