Official DCP G7 Proposal Discussion Thread

well it sure backs up the DCW article.

but is it less costs for AA shortandfast?

ok you're non G7..you have to do the AA tour...and then Friday and Sunday you're still going to need to travel and feed the kids. with housing getting what it is, that is not going to be any cheaper. In fact, that could cost more than the extra $600 hey would get.

I don't know how it would balance out for an AA corps - I doubt any of the directors do either! My point is just that the proposal doesn't read as totally one-sided. There are things in that are bad from an AA point of view, other things that seem OK.

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

G7???

Bb7 seems much more appropriate.

nice one

Sorry if this was covered but, what if #7 is having a rough season and #8 is less than politically connected: who's to say the powers that be would influence the adjudicating community to retain the status quo?

As with any structure, when you only focus on the top of the pyramid the foundation will erode.

actually, the details are entirely lacking in this thing, and for proposing something of such a game changing scope, you need details if you want to get others on your side.

but really...i dont see anyone profiting from this but the 7 ( or 6 depending on whee Cavies officially stand).

AA corps....yes you make $600 extra, but I see no way costs go down.

A corps...less money, no real way to get any exposure unless the 7 throw you a bone ( unlikely) and no vote

I don't know how it would balance out for an AA corps - I doubt any of the directors do either! My point is just that the proposal doesn't read as totally one-sided. There are things in that are bad from an AA point of view, other things that seem OK.

is the G7 discussion facebook group gone? I joined it but now I can't find it...

search for this:

<h1 id="profile_name">DCI & The G7 Proposal</h1>

Ideology and real-world (drum corps) politics

"No ideology survives the collision with real-world politics perfectly intact. General principles have to bend to accommodate the complexities of history, and justice is sometimes better served by compromise than by zealous intellectual consistency."

Oddly, this quote from Ross Douthat's column in The New York Times is not about the G7 in drum corps, but it could be. (It is about Rand Paul's defining comments on civil rights legislation as misstep.)

I cannot resist appropriation of the piece, though; just imagine if he had been talking about the already-discussed-to-death-and-it's-still-a-year-away "Big Boy" tour in DCI.

I love how people keep creating G7 threads..come on, keep it in here. hell some off the shoots should be in here as is

Well, I'm sure my feeling on some things will change as I re-read it over and over.

I understand the concept.

I'm astounded at the amount of visionary thought is presented. They've got every single thing covered.

It's completely revolutionary. Drum Corps, as we know it, is dead (in this vision).

Woodwinds are in. There she is. That's my deal-breaker, personally. All this well-thought-out hype to see a marching band? No thanks.

Legacy fans don't matter. Only band directors, young marchers, their parents matter. They're the "New" fans.

It's a threat. We either go along and get along, or they're going by themselves.

Uggghhhh