Official DCP G7 Proposal Discussion Thread

I've heard members of Crown refer to themselves as a band, or the corps as "the band" before. So they probably wouldn't care.

Uh huh! Right! Tell me when you're willing to do that to one of em' and I'll be there with my camera to take a picture of you getting an atomic wedgie. :tongue:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not seeing in the proposal where it's for the good of "DCI as a whole." It's clearly for the G7. Profits split 8 ways - the G7 plus dci admin. I see no way in which you have more than 7 corps within a few years of this. It's for the survival of the 7, and to h3ll with the rest of you. That's what I see in this.

No offence Granny at all BUT what decade do you think it is? Maybe a town social, sock Hop, a parade with the local mayor and his beauty Queen Daughter. Come on. I would love nothing more for it to be a simple time again myself But lets get real. Its the SAVY group that will survive. Bake sales don't make it anymore ( Would be great if it did )

I think G& knows how dying the activity we desperately cling to and they are trying to do something about it. If that meant going back in time would work then so be it , but unfortunately we cant go back again in anything.HELL I want to pay 30 cents a gallon for gas to, but is that going to happen HELL NO!

There is a lot to be said about local support, though. Lucrative rates in housing auditionees, office space, advertising dollars for local shows. Having local members in the corps adds more to having that home-town unit out there. The "yeah, we have a world champion here, in Rockford/Madison/Concord." Face time is face time is face time. Local performances don't have to necessarily be a parade. Play at a grand opening for a store, get 15 horns together, play a couple pieces, get paid, go back and rehearse. Even alumni can help in that.

Sure, it's not the 1960's, but you can still go and have a local presence, while still being a world class organization.

Poor attendance, high overhead, and a base of more corps than the organization can support, has put the organization’s continued existence in jeopardy

How can corps complain about high overhead if they are the ones who supported growing from 128 members. They hurt themselves and now they complain!!

Because they are talking about the overhead of DCI not the corps themselves and because the additional members create additional revenue in terms of dues.

No offence Granny at all BUT what decade do you think it is? Maybe a town social, sock Hop, a parade with the local mayor and his beauty Queen Daughter. Come on. I would love nothing more for it to be a simple time again myself But lets get real. Its the SAVY group that will survive. Bake sales don't make it anymore ( Would be great if it did )

I think G& knows how dying the activity we desperately cling to and they are trying to do something about it. If that meant going back in time would work then so be it , but unfortunately we cant go back again in anything.HELL I want to pay 30 cents a gallon for gas to, but is that going to happen HELL NO!

You can get a lot of support from the community. Think of the support given by communities of NFL, NHL, NBA, MLB organizations. Hell, they'll build $350 million stadiums. Ignore your community and you're ignoring your potential best friend.

A very interesting proposal but a couple of things jumped out:

1. a judging caption for "winds" instead of brass

2. if you live anywhere West of Texas you don't get any AAA shows.

let's see...7 corps, 12 members.....gee, I wonder if this proposal will pass???

How many needed for quorum?