Official DCP G7 Proposal Discussion Thread

Do you think it's possible that the G7 will drop Crown now that they've seen the new uniforms?

Oh, and I haven't seen the uni's yet but, and I guess I'm in the minority here, but I REALLY liked the green. The green drums and bass heads, the green accents on the coat, and especially the on the little green nymph guard member who conducted.

Yep, loved that green.

So does anyone else think that the G7 release was intentionally timed to get lost in the noise of the season?

Just using the declining posts on the subject in DCP (everyone's talking about the season!) I wouldn't be surprised if the release was timed perfectly for the G7's needs.

And does anyone know the date of the July meeting in Minn.? I understand there is a phone BOD meeting this month; anyone know when?

Edited by garfield

So does anyone else think that the G7 release was intentionally timed to get lost in the noise of the season?

Just using the declining posts on the subject in DCP (everyone's talking about the season!) I wouldn't be surprised if the release was timed perfectly for the G7's needs.

And does anyone know the date of the July meeting in Minn.? I understand there is a phone BOD meeting this month; anyone know when?

(bump)

The big Minnesota meeting must be taking place on July 17, the day of the show in Minneapolis. Eighteen of the 23 world-class corps will be there; I guess the other five will have to dial in from their respective coasts.

Partially - but also to give them a chance to negotiate with individual venues while passing through on tour ( 2010 )

If you look at it more broadly , it was actually a coup that failed ( ousting Acheson ).

When you look at the financials of the corps , the higher you go the more risk based is the financial model - and higher expenditure the higher the level corp you look at. There is very little wiggle room for yeaH , BD will be in the same boat soon without bingo - so the chances of the 7 breaking away may be disastorous for their financial state. The non G7 corps - who operate on far lower and less risk budgets can easily weather the storm if the 7 walk.

IMHO the seven will need goverment stimulus to survive their grandious production.

Ironically in the mail yesterday I received a promo from DCI about the 2010 season

- and on the cover were three corps members - Cadets - Blue Devils - and Carolina Crown -

wonder when these were designed and printed?

Edited by fecontra

Ironically in the mail yesterday I received a promo from DCI about the 2010 season

- and on the cover were three corps members - Cadets - Blue Devils - and Carolina Crown -

wonder when these were designed and printed?

It could have been as recently as last week. Those corps made up last year's top three, and they could easily all be top three again. G7 proposal or not, you market your company by pitching your best product.

yet the G7 slides had corps on them that weren't in the G7

• 4 years later...

**BUMP** for matter of timeliness