Would you do it again...today

For those of you that have seen the change in this activity over time this would mainly apply to you.

I was a drum corps participant 16 years ago. After that I have been behind the scenes for several corps working in many capacities. Having seen what these kids go through now a days, (i.e. the corps fees, extensive travel, show demands) if i had the opportunity, I am not sure if I would do it again.

Call it being 35 years old and lazy but i think it is like night and day compared to 15+ years ago. I am not saying it was easy 15 years ago. Maybe if I was 15 years younger I would have a different mindset.

So would you march again today?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you that have seen the change in this activity over time this would mainly apply to you.

I was a drum corps participant 16 years ago. After that I have been behind the scenes for several corps working in many capacities. Having seen what these kids go through now a days, (i.e. the corps fees, extensive travel, show demands) if i had the opportunity, I am not sure if I would do it again.

Call it being 35 years old and lazy but i think it is like night and day compared to 15+ years ago. I am not saying it was easy 15 years ago. Maybe if I was 15 years younger I would have a different mindset.

Yes, as many years as possible (see my signature).

I would ABSOLUTELY do it again. Even with all the changes within the activity, I don't think you can get the same bond or experiences in any other aspect of life.

Oh man, I would do ANYTHING to march again...I was soo lucky to have marched at all since I had to teach myself how to play a brass instrument over two years before I was good enough to join so I rooked out after a year with PR...oh but what a year! If only I had known how to play the euph growing up lol, instead I started on the alto sax, but I was determined to march...and I worked until I could.

I am marching today...and I marched "yesterday"; and planning on marching "tomorrow".

When one is given a passion within their life that they enjoy, be it performing in this activity or overhand fastball bowling....do it!!

One may feel very foolish when you come to a point in your life and have more yesterdays behind you than tomorrows ahead to say "woulda, coulda, shoulda" Passion to perform is not restricted to the young; nor is the ability restricted. Restrictions are self-imposed. Release the passion!

Happens to me every summer...

I'm starting to have drum corps dreams again... Last night I got called by the Glassmen to come in to a spot that just opened up... every time it happens I go, and learn the show, and then they figure out that I'm 29 years old and can't march anymore... Then I wake up...

Had that same dream about a bevy of different corps... 3 or 4 times already this spring/summer.

HELL YES I'd march again. Don't know how I'd afford $3000 to march (tour was $700 when I marched) but I'd do it.

In a second.

Without thinking.