New Unis

fwiw, i think they'lll look a lot better under the lights at night, from other pics ive seen.

:sad:

Oh man oh man... I hate those even more than I hate the Troopers uniforms... I still love both corps but MAN I do not like those uniforms one little bit. I think the design is bad (grey? I mean really?) and the uniforms don't look too well tailored to the individuals either. Did I mention grey? I mean they are the BLUE Stars after all... There is no separation of upper and lower halves and the grey makes them look washed out on the field. Furthermore, with the bagginess of the pants cut, they look short and frumpy.... Bad choice.... Last years was sooooo much better.

I was at the preview last evening. The wind was blowing up to 25 mph or so the entire evening. The wind was so bad, that the guard flag tosses would shift 5 to 10 yard over while in the air. When you see the uniforms under the light and without a lot of wind, they look well tailored and fit. The pants looking wide and frumpy is due to the wind. I saw the corps at an ensemble rehearsal under the lights at the new UW LaCrosse stadium, and the unis are great. As for the separation of upper body and lower body, it is very defined. The uni was not designed to be effective at parade rest. When you see them with their horns up, there is a complete separation between upper and lower body. As with ALL corps' unis and shows in general, until you see it in person under the lights, you are only able to speculate. Of course, opinions are the purpose of this forum, so fire away. I know I do. But, I do believe these unis are a step forward for the Blue Stars. Check em out in Normal.

I was at the preview last evening. The wind was blowing up to 25 mph or so the entire evening. The wind was so bad, that the guard flag tosses would shift 5 to 10 yard over while in the air. When you see the uniforms under the light and without a lot of wind, they look well tailored and fit. The pants looking wide and frumpy is due to the wind. I saw the corps at an ensemble rehearsal under the lights at the new UW LaCrosse stadium, and the unis are great. As for the separation of upper body and lower body, it is very defined. The uni was not designed to be effective at parade rest. When you see them with their horns up, there is a complete separation between upper and lower body. As with ALL corps' unis and shows in general, until you see it in person under the lights, you are only able to speculate. Of course, opinions are the purpose of this forum, so fire away. I know I do. But, I do believe these unis are a step forward for the Blue Stars. Check em out in Normal.

You aren't hiding anything from us ,..are you????

with the name BLUE Stars dont you think there would be blue? blue devils bluecoats blue knights all have large amounts of blue. This is a terrible year for uniforms.

I've got to laugh. People have been talking about how Troopers needs to update to be competitive for the last 20+ years, so when they actually do it people go crazy.

This is why you can't try to please everyone, you will just fail.

Yeah, it's been kind of funny, hasn't it. You know what happens is people think they want change until they see it (me included) and then they realize that what was "old" was better. At that point, change has happened an there isn't any going back and so you learn to like what is "new" until it becomes "old" and then the cycle begins again.

I think what is happening here is that when we see the change with the Troopers (in particular with their uniform) that we don't like it as much as what was more defining of their traditional identity.

Personally I would have preferred a design that would have embraced tradition a bit more (ala Scouts). There are several elements about this uniform that I think are out of place and a "stretch" to be "current."

Personally I like some of the new look. I think the dark pants makes them look taller....leaner and cleaner. Guard uni looks cool in keeping with the style a bit. AS far as madison . I guess i kinda like it although I did like the moss green tops .. I do think maybe they went back a little to far . I think some of the past uniforms had a bit more flash to it,

For me, it's less about the change and what it changed to - I'm just not saying "I don't care what you change to, just change it to something!"

<shrug> Maybe the new ones will grow on me. Just an odd thing to have to hope for from the Troopers.

Mike