New Unis

Yeah, it's been kind of funny, hasn't it. You know what happens is people think they want change until they see it (me included) and then they realize that what was "old" was better. At that point, change has happened an there isn't any going back and so you learn to like what is "new" until it becomes "old" and then the cycle begins again.

I think what is happening here is that when we see the change with the Troopers (in particular with their uniform) that we don't like it as much as what was more defining of their traditional identity.

Personally I would have preferred a design that would have embraced tradition a bit more (ala Scouts). There are several elements about this uniform that I think are out of place and a "stretch" to be "current."

Troopers' new uniforms are like the new coke: they'll be around forever.

Sure thing, man. Armchair designers, unite! :sad:

Mike

The last time someone tried something like that on here, they got a job offer from Stanbury . . .so, hey, it couldn't hurt, man. :tongue:

Sweet. I don't think I'm gonna get started on them until late this weekend, though...I have a Music History test tomorrow that I need to keep studying for, and then we're having a party on Saturday to watch the US play Ghana in the World Cup.

LOVE LOVE LOVE Spirit's new uniform. As some have said, very unique. I like its clean look and think there is plenty of baby blue. The design really makes the blue pop.

Think it also fits their show perfectly.

With Brent Becker's permission, here are his concept sketches for Blue Stars (now that the full pics are in the wild, it's safe to show them). Thanks to Bawker for getting them online. :sad: (My work internet is pretty heavily filtered, so I can't do it myself!)

Mike

2010BlueStarsX.jpg

2010BlueStarsDraft.jpg

With Brent Becker's permission, here are his concept sketches for Blue Stars (now that the full pics are in the wild, it's safe to show them). Thanks to Bawker for getting them online. :sad: (My work internet is pretty heavily filtered, so I can't do it myself!)

Mike

2010BlueStarsX.jpg

2010BlueStarsDraft.jpg

Sharp! I wonder what it would have looked like with the gray and blue reversed? Who cares, looks good.

Mike

2010BlueStarsX.jpg

2010BlueStarsDraft.jpg

hmm....not much "blue" in Blue Stars uniform but I like it!