New Unis

Your 2010 winner in new uniform design.

It's classic, it's summer, but most importantly, it's the Scouts!

AND ITS VERY UGLY..

short sleeves, gautlets and spats.

hahahahahahahahahaha.

this is NOT classy, or good.

Crown , Spirit , Madison 0 for 3.

-------------------------------------------

sorry I actually thought I had over reacted. so I went back and looked again.

only to see the white TIE AND white belt buckle.

first impression correct. needs a name tag , looks like a gas station attendant.

lets hope troopers and Blue stars are better. any other new uniforms this season ?

Cavies is a variation so I give them a pass.

Edited by FanofNight

short sleeves with gauntlets looks ewwww.

Agreed. A tie tucked into a sash tucked into the pants also looks ewwww. It's like wearing a three piece suit and tucking in your vest.

At first blush. these uniforms look like the corps is trying to be too many things to too many people. The impression is that they are trying to look like scouts with the short sleeves, and like a drum corps with the gauntlets. They seem to be trying to appeal to all eras of Madison by including both the tie and the sash. The problem with trying to satisfy everyone is that you end up with this weird amalgam of stuff that simply doesn't mesh well. Hopefully these uniforms don't become a metaphor for the current Scouts administration.

As I type this, the initial impression has faded away and I've had more time to think about it. Certainly the uniform doesn't offend... but the more accurate description might be that it doesn't make any statement at all. Okay, sure, it makes a retro statement that the tradition wonks will eat up, but in this fan's opinion the uniforms actually look rather bland. It's like the corps took the worst aspect of the previous design - the shade of green and the way the jackets blended in with the field - and spread it across the entire uniform. Can you imagine what these will look like from the box? I imagine that's why they kept the full gauntlets; with horns up, the hat and gloves become the only point of reserve - oh, and the spats too, I suppose. That could actually be a neat effect, making every marcher a dot on the field a la the Cavaliers - though that's the best case scenario.

As with every uniform, I reserve the right to make up my mind once I see the full corps on the field.

AND ITS VERY UGLY..

short sleeves, gautlets and spats.

hahahahahahahahahaha.

this is NOT classy, or good.

Crown , Spirit , Madison 0 for 3.

lets hope troopers are good.

Cavies is a variation so I give them a pass.

Time for your Meds Fan of &%#)!

The problem with trying to satisfy everyone is that you end up with this weird amalgam of stuff that simply doesn't mesh well.

Reminds me of the old saying that a camel is a horse designed by committee...

first impression correct. needs a name tag , looks like a gas station attendant.

I remember when we got dressed into original style of this uniform we actually sang the Texaco gas station attendant song

(you can trust your car to the man who wears the star ....................) so I think the guys should take that as a compliment.

Kudos to Jim for bringing some much needed ol' school drum corps back to DCI.

I remember when we got dressed into original style of this uniform we actually sang the Texaco gas station attendant song

(you can trust your car to the man who wears the star ....................) so I think the guys should take that as a compliment.

Kudos to Jim for bringing some much needed ol' school drum corps back to DCI.

Exactly. Sorry the children don't like it but it is GREAT!

yuck.jpg

Wow. No thanks. Maybe it will look better when they put on the long sleeves, but I'm still not going to like this particular Scouts uniform. I was personally a fan of the 08-09 uniform. I thought it was a decent combination of the uniform/suit look. This new one? Not really doing it for me.