Worst Uniforms in drum corps history

oh my.

is that the corps proper uni, or just the guard?

Sadly, the corps proper wore it, too. *cringe*

1980EtobicokeOaklandCrusaders9.jpg

Edited by byline

How about those '89 Spirit of Atlanta uniforms. Its hard to watch the video cause some of those guys are just sorta flopping all over the place, if you catch my drift. :tongue:

You'd be right on Crown 2010 but dead wrong on Madison.

I'm definitely not a fan of Madison's 2010 choice...just my personal opinion

Sadly, the corps proper wore it, too. *cringe*

1980EtobicokeOaklandCrusaders9.jpg

These remind me of the guards from the Wizard of Oz.

How about those '89 Spirit of Atlanta uniforms. Its hard to watch the video cause some of those guys are just sorta flopping all over the place, if you catch my drift. :tongue:

Those were beautiful uniforms!

And now, to ad to the old Gmen lovefest....a few closeups of 93 (we'll wait for Gadget to have a seizure...)

Front (a pretty part of the show, actually...closer...rather liked the melody, even with the REALLY flat bari on the last chord)

Gmen1.jpg

Back

Gmen2.jpg

And for those who thought 03 Cavies were the most horrible guard unis....get the brain-scrubber ready.

Gmen3.jpg

I used to think 90 BD were the most unforgiving unis for body shape....but those were all on women....THIS one....all I have to say is, poor guy!

1993 Santa Clara Vanguard

SCV, famous for their every-year-a-new-look uniforms, combined the 1991 Miss Saigon jacket pattern with the red/yellow/black color scheme they were adding for 1993. In addition to winning "worst drum finish ever" (yellow hardware, black shells), these uniforms... simply didn't work. White shoes didn't help the issue.

93%20SCV%20Snare%20Line.jpg

Ooooh yeah that was bad. Pus yellow everywhere. I can't believe that Gail would have let that one get by had he been around.

Guard was all yellow as well, and those drums were even worse: They weren't black, they were dark red.

ScvSnares1993_1.jpg

Well, every guy in Garfield looked forward to seeing them when we were able to see them! :tongue:

That must explain Garfield's own 'worst uniform' entry - the '77 guard wearing beige hot pants on bottom, and the standard uniform jacket and shako on top. :tongue:

Edited by mobrien

And now, to ad to the old Gmen lovefest....a few closeups of 93 (we'll wait for Gadget to have a seizure...)

Front (a pretty part of the show, actually...closer...rather liked the melody, even with the REALLY flat bari on the last chord)

Gmen1.jpg

And for those who thought 03 Cavies were the most horrible guard unis....get the brain-scrubber ready.

Gmen3.jpg

I used to think 90 BD were the most unforgiving unis for body shape....but those were all on women....THIS one....all I have to say is, poor guy!

At the time, I remember thinking the vest was a pretty clever way to get more life out of those uniforms (even though the design was over the top). That had used a red/silver sash on those baby blue jackets in the past, making them look like the Houston Oilers Band - not much better than the vest.

As far as the guard - oy. It is going to take a lot to topple these from the peak of the Worst Ever mountain. There were quite a few BIG people wearing those too. Not meaning obese, but tall, beefy, etc. That coupled with early 90's frizz hairstyles and massive sweat stains from the oppressive Jackson heat gives you the stuff of nightmares. :tongue: