BEST Uniforms in drum corps history

Gotta say - the classiest uniforms that have held up over time has been the Anaheim Kingsmen Uniform. It was class in the 70's as it still was with the xKingsmen Alumni at DCI Pasadena. A timeless uniform! :smile:

Gotta say - the classiest uniforms that have held up over time has been the Anaheim Kingsmen Uniform. It was class in the 70's as it still was with the xKingsmen Alumni at DCI Pasadena. A timeless uniform! :tongue:

True you, the blue was a hue that shone in the sun and under the evening lights.

But the boots would be over my knees, the sash would cover my torso.

I'm vertically challenged; therefore an SCV uniform is fine for me

The pride in wearing a uniform is good enough for me :thumbup:

DCI

1. The Freelancers with the flap early -mid80s (I'm amazed noone's mentioned them).

Actually, I did, but in another thread. I always preferred them in the black pants though.

Kilties have a great uni, for sure. Blue Rock's was great, but my favorite gold and black was Blessed Sac! :blink:

Ok, I could have sworn that I put my wooden nickle on this subject long ago but: For all you who didn't know, The Cadet Styles worn by dozens of corps back in my era - and that includes, Blue Rock, Garfield, St. Joseph Cadets and Mighty St. Joes, St. Kevin's, O.L.P.H. Ridgemen, St. Rocco's Cadets, Our Lady of Loretta, St. Catherine's Queensmen (are you seeing a trend, here?) and please forgive me because I always spell this wrong: The Royal-Aires and believe me there were many,many more wore that style throughout the sixties and seventies some with even prettier blue than Anaheim and one corps from Long Island that were sponsored by 7-Up and wore Orange, Green & White (Babylon Islanders?) and even those unis looked great! ... then there were the non Cadet styles that stood out: The Muchachos, The Kilties, Blessed Sacrament, Troopers, Cavaliers, Madison, Blue Stars (Hot pants?)

But to me, Cadet style with the chrome buttons and the buckle cross belt and drop sash ... that says drum corps to me!

Puppet

Wow. Nine pages and not one word about the Kilties as one of the best unis of all time! Just goes to show how much we've lost track of our history and heritage. By the way I think Anaheim and Troopers are right up there in best of all time. Come to think of it Blue Rock looked pretty good back in the day as well. Nuff said.

I think you missed me a few pages back.

I much prefer the Kilties' uniform pre-1974.

how about this year's cavalier color guard ah, outfit in they're final number. the cross dressing is a must see. they do a "flaming" female impersonating act of the rockettes. just love the gloves!! maybe add a pink feather

• 5 years later...