BEST Uniforms in drum corps history

Boston Crusaders guard in 09... :tongue:

Not really a corps but you gotta love the boots lets see a corps march in these

AP100615141965.jpg

06 Scouts was a great modern uniform...

Belleville Black Knights... Duh...

I am a bit of a homer but I LOVED my corps uniform...

And now some others for your consideration.... ICONIC is, I believe the buzzword here so....

1988_2.jpg

Velvet Knights - Red Chuck Taylors! If ever there was an iconic uniform... it was VK. Their 'uniform' fit the corps down to the ground, be it a tuxedo for Bond, a Hawaiian shirt or the RED phase.... This was actually one of my personal favorites (although as a Freelancer, I wouldn't have admitted it back then!)

10_05_2007_bridgemen_1978.jpg

Bridgemen - Instantly recognizable.

troopers.jpg

Troopers - Whilst I preferred the gray pants with the yellow stripe, this is still pure WIN!

AhKm82USO.jpg

Anaheim Kingsmen - What's not to love here? IMHO, a PERFECT uniform!

n1502163880_30238492_1245366.jpg

California Dons - A short lived corps from Fresno that played Latin music... Can you think of a more appropriate uniform?

I will add more as I think of some of the greats! Ok really, this was just an excuse for me to get a pic of the Dons up here!

I have a few favorites:

1996 Phantom Regiment - I know that people will blast me for this, but for me, the music, the red guard dreses, and the black was just great to draw out emotion, for me.

1995-98 Madison Scouts - Just great entertaining corps, that blew your face off! http://slu2ggo.org/Corpspictures/MadisonSc...sopranosolo.jpg -

1996 Pioneer - A little biased here since I marched, plus this is a classmate of mine - 1996_photos_7_20090814_1516242084.jpg

1996 Americanos - The Flamenco arms were great! 274a29fb.jpg

1980 27th Lancers - 80goodcatch2.jpg

My problem with the Lancers is the same one I had with Frontier a few years ago - the khaki just disappears into the field - it's such a neutral color from a distance that it makes the individual more of a blur than a form.

Mike

My problem with the Lancers is the same one I had with Frontier a few years ago - the khaki just disappears into the field - it's such a neutral color from a distance that it makes the individual more of a blur than a form.

Mike

blasphemy !

G

The best non-uniform uniforms... VK '82-83.

29727_113542722020352_1000009387356.jpg

Featuring a "skinny" John McCoy!!!

VKNOW!

I like the one below too.

Edited by BigDale

Mike

I can understand that. I guess it was just the old spats, the music that they played and I would love to see the guard unis done again!