Cavaliers in trouble early?

As an avid Cavalier fan, I'd actually like to see a 3-4th place finish and (for the first time in a long time) be an overwhelming crowd favorite.

Same here.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a tribute to The Cavaliers' history of excellence that people are starting to think they are "in trouble."

Just like how 2007 and 2009 were "bad years" for them. I can think of HUNDREDS of marchers who would LOVE to have that kind of a "bad year."

PS - They are not in trouble. They have a full corps, a great instructional staff, incredible volunteers, one of the best fan bases in the activity, and some of the most loyal alumni out there. There's no way that is "in trouble."

I wouldn't conclude anything off these scores other than the fact that an incomplete judging panel thought Crown's incomplete show was better than the incomplete shows of the Cadets and Cavies.

WAY TOO EARLY!

To this point I have read nothing but good things about their show. Early-season scores are reflective of performance levels and incomplete portions of the show more than they are indications of who has the best show or the best chance to place top 3. You have to allow for the corps to fine-tune, re-write, and add to the show as they get comments from the judges...and then we'll see how scores begin to adjust.

If history serves as a lesson, the Cavaliers have clearly been one of the best at making changes, adding layers, and taking average musical/visual moments and turning them into stunning effects. Honestly, the scores will not mean a whole lot until mid July. By then you can make a case that a corps needs to be in the top 5 at that point, maybe top 4, to have a chance at a higher place come finals, maybe even Champion. Phantom was running 4th up until the last week of competition in 1996 and ended up tied for 1st. The Cadets were 6th in mid July in 1992 and ended up 2nd at finals.

It's all about show adjustments!

crown 09 73.100- 010 74.800- up

cadets 09 74.600- 010 72.550- down

cav 09 75.100- 010 71.600- down

09 and 010 1st show scores

I wouldn't conclude anything off these scores other than the fact that an incomplete judging panel thought Crown's incomplete show was better than the incomplete shows of the Cadets and Cavies.

Cadets' show isn't incomplete. It'll be changed of course, but they performed a complete show (last night at least).

umm... the Cavaliers improved 1 point in like 2 hours...

They are going to score over 9000 by the time finals week rolls around.

943177384-supermod-mr-bluezone-over9000.jpg

Cadets' show isn't incomplete. It'll be changed of course, but they performed a complete show (last night at least).

Well, Cadets show was complete in that it had some kind of ending. It's just not the real ending, as I was told by one of their baritone players yesterday. He also said they have 91 rookies, if that means anything.

Well, Cadets show was complete in that it had some kind of ending. It's just not the real ending, as I was told by one of their baritone players yesterday. He also said they have 91 rookies, if that means anything.

Well yeah man. I know that. We all know how Cadets usually change their endings by the end of the season.

And I am honestly worried about the fact they have 91 members, but we'll see how it goes.

Well yeah man. I know that. We all know how Cadets usually change their endings by the end of the season.

And I am honestly worried about the fact they have 91 members, but we'll see how it goes.

I'd be REAL worried if Cadets had 91" members"

From reports, they've got 91 " rookies ".

Yeah thats good for Crown but that doesn't really mean much... cavies first show in 95 was 67.7... and they still won

I did not put it up to be negative.

Just info to compare the past two years.

Have a great day

Regiment had a lot of rookies last year as well, many of whom had never marched any corps before.

we all know how that turned out...