Cavaliers in trouble early?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WAY TOO EARLY!

To this point I have read nothing but good things about their show. Early-season scores are reflective of performance levels and incomplete portions of the show more than they are indications of who has the best show or the best chance to place top 3. You have to allow for the corps to fine-tune, re-write, and add to the show as they get comments from the judges...and then we'll see how scores begin to adjust.

If history serves as a lesson, the Cavaliers have clearly been one of the best at making changes, adding layers, and taking average musical/visual moments and turning them into stunning effects. Honestly, the scores will not mean a whole lot until mid July. By then you can make a case that a corps needs to be in the top 5 at that point, maybe top 4, to have a chance at a higher place come finals, maybe even Champion. Phantom was running 4th up until the last week of competition in 1996 and ended up tied for 1st. The Cadets were 6th in mid July in 1992 and ended up 2nd at finals.

It's all about show adjustments!

Saw them last night in Allentown. In the 1st performance, I did think they looked muddled, although I did love the new sound of the horns. Who knew Cavies could screeech like that? And the solo trio is the bomb!

Second performance cleared up a lot. Was like night & day for me. Which shows how quickly things can change.

There are obvious areas where the drill is not finalized, and will incorporate the moves we have come to expect from Cavies. And the show was not finished, overall, with the final minute or 2 spend standing still.

Oh yeah, DO NOT count them out, by any means. Looking forward to seeeing the recap.

Hey, I bought their t-shirt! LOL.

surprised they got beat by so much

Definitely not. :devil:

Past decade - Start simple and soft then build. This equals higher out of the gate scores.

If what I'm hearing about A Town is correct, then they're letting a bit more hang out early on. May be less clean, but who in their right minds thinks The Cavaliers aren't capable of making their #### look sharp?

As an avid Cavalier fan, I'd actually like to see a 3-4th place finish and (for the first time in a long time) be an overwhelming crowd favorite.

With all the bad weather that has been going on around them I am still amazed that they scored in the 70's... (yeah I am serious) but of course I mean that in a good way. More or less I am happy they scored low why, because more time to improve the show! Even today before their show tonight they have lots of time to fix and clean up mistakes from last night (I expect them to get a better score tonight) Also if you look at past scores back in 1992 at their first show they got a 70.9 (thats only a couple of decimals above but close enough) and they won that year for there first win ever or go 95 they got a 67.7 and they still won. So more or less... nothing is over till its over.