Boston Crusaders 2010

Completely agree.

I just wished they played more of Conquest as they discussed they might do for finals. Not sure why they did not play more of it as imo it would have made their ending that much better.

Have always wondered why more corps (staff), especially if a medal isn't on the line, didn't do something at finals that would really be appreciated by the audience. Maybe the 'Saders will finish tonights ending by playing conguest to the end. Might be enough tenths earned to keep Madison from saying BAC won the battle (Challenge), but we won the war; 9th place.

Edited by Ghost

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I write this, the final scores have not yet been announced, but several bloggers from the show say the corps was on fire tonight---WITH a few additional moments of Conquest. I have had the priviledge of getting to know many of this year's members, and I will tell anyone who will listen that they are "True-Blue Crusaders". I am proud of each and every one one of them. The only thing these kids and staff can control is their own performance, and watching them in competition (in person) a dozen times this summer, they have gotten it done. Our kids and staff CANNOT control the growth of other corps like Madison and Bluestars. They also cannot control what seems to me to be a DCI nostalgic soft spot for our friends from Santa Clara. I know that a few people here have lamented the scores----which have been stubbornly running about 2 points too low in my mind, but I would remind everyone that the reason why this organization is still around after 70 years is that we DON'T gava.....

Finally, as far as I am concerned, the 2010 Boston Crusaders have WON DCI this year. The mere presence of Waldo atop a throne denoting "70"on the field during finals after so many debacles over the years is proof enough for me. I only wish I could have gone to finals this year....to witness 150 of the best young men and women singing GIANT in the tunnel...and to know that beneath those uniforms were beating the hearts of 150 GIANTS.

Eat'em Up, Boston.

Edited by craiga

As I write this, the final scores have not yet been announced, but several bloggers from the show say the corps was on fire tonight---WITH a few additional moments of Conquest. I have had the priviledge of getting to know many of this year's members, and I will tell anyone who will listen that they are "True-Blue Crusaders". I am proud of each and every one one of them. The only thing these kids and staff can control is their own performance, and watching them in competition (in person) a dozen times this summer, they have gotten it done. Our kids and staff CANNOT control the growth of other corps like Madison and Bluestars. They also cannot control what seems to me to be a DCI nostalgic soft spot for our friends from Santa Clara. I know that a few people here have lamented the scores----which have been stubbornly running about 2 points too low in my mind, but I would remind everyone that the reason why this organization is still around after 70 years is that we DON'T gava.....

Finally, as far as I am concerned, the 2010 Boston Crusaders have WON DCI this year. The mere presence of Waldo atop a throne denoting "70"on the field during finals after so many debacles over the years is proof enough for me. I only wish I could have gone to finals this year....to witness 150 of the best young men and women signing GIANT in the tunnel...and to know that beneath those uniforms were beating the hearts of 150 GIANTS.

Eat'em Up, Boston.

I understand and appreciate the -we don't GAVA. I just hope that can co exist with Boston moving up the ranks to a goal of a DCI Championship.

Is Boston Championship driven?

Finally, as far as I am concerned, the 2010 Boston Crusaders have WON DCI this year. The mere presence of Waldo atop a throne denoting "70"on the field during finals after so many debacles over the years is proof enough for me. I only wish I could have gone to finals this year....to witness 150 of the best young men and women singing GIANT in the tunnel...and to know that beneath those uniforms were beating the hearts of 150 GIANTS.

Eat'em Up, Boston.

This is one of my favorite shows of the year. A lot of class and great entertainment. I hope they clean up those drill forms and get the score they deserve. I respect them alot for taking on such a difficult / complex show.

Congratulations Boston Crusaders.

You make all the alumni of the the BAC proud.

To the members who are marching next year, take pride in these years for you shall remember them forever.

To the members aged out tonight, if you would like to continue marching competitively in 2011, drop me a line.

Andy Holleron

Eat'em Up, Boston.

Boston tonite ( for them ) could not have had a worse draw in a judging panel. One of these judges in Atlanta even had them in 13th place in his caption, so Boston really must have had a great performance for themselves to stay ahead of the Madison Scouts. Good for them to suck it up and have their best performance of the year when it mattered. I really enjoyed Boston 's show this year. This was an entertaining and regal show they could be rightly proud of.

Edited by BRASSO

I understand and appreciate the -we don't GAVA. I just hope that can co exist with Boston moving up the ranks to a goal of a DCI Championship.

Is Boston Championship driven?

In short..yes. Boston is Championship driven but not at all costs or solely for the satisfaction of the judges. Would BAC want to win with a production like BD does, somewhat lost on the average show goer? Most decidely not. Boston will get there on Bostons terms and if for whatever reason DCI and the judging community fails to recognize what most fans want (at least it seems that way on DCP) that's OK. Does Boston HAVE to be "Championship Driven"? Is that the be all end all. Not for several corps i.e Madison this year. Boston has been there pre DCI. Boston has also been "up the ranks" beeing as high as 5th with the same attitude they have today.

Since the first time competing against them in 1963 with St. Joe's of Batavia, I was never a big fan of the Crusaders but they sure sold me this year. What a corps, what a show concept. I was entertained from beginning to end. The little taste of Conquest was the icing on the cake. Thanks so much for giving a traditional drum corps fan something to cheer about. :smile:

Since the first time competing against them in 1963 with St. Joe's of Batavia, I was never a big fan of the Crusaders but they sure sold me this year. What a corps, what a show concept. I was entertained from beginning to end. The little taste of Conquest was the icing on the cake. Thanks so much for giving a traditional drum corps fan something to cheer about. :smile:

I'm not afiliated with Boston's Corps....but know some people there. This Corps REALLY does care about the audience, and does try to design a show that attempts to connect with the average Joe and Jane that took the time out of their hectic daily lives to pay for the tickets to come and watch Drum Corps in performance. Like anything else, sometimes they are more successful in reaching an audience than in other years. I think this year they succeeded in that. But that's really beside the point. The point is that the Boston Crusaders would never consider designing a show that is meant to push the envelope of the activity, if pushing that envelope meant pushing a lot of fans aside... new fans or older fans. Rightly or wrongly, place high, place low, such a thing is simply not in this Corps DNA.... and this Drum Corps fan thanks them for that philosophical approach to the Boston Crusaders show design that has stood the test of time for them for 70 years now.

I'm not afiliated with Boston's Corps....but know some people there. This Corps REALLY does care about the audience, and does try to design a show that attempts to connect with the average Joe and Jane that took the time out of their hectic daily lives to pay for the tickets to come and watch Drum Corps in performance. Like anything else, sometimes they are more successful in reaching an audience than in other years. I think this year they succeeded in that. But that's really beside the point. The point is that the Boston Crusaders would never consider designing a show that is meant to push the envelope of the activity, if pushing that envelope meant pushing a lot of fans aside... new fans or older fans. Rightly or wrongly, place high, place low, such a thing is simply not in this Corps DNA.... and this Drum Corps fan thanks them for that philosophical approach to the Boston Crusaders show design that has stood the test of time for them for 70 years now.

One of the biggest reasons I marched and STAYED and aged out with BAC was for that very reason. They truly actually cared about the audience and making that connection. You are right...it didn't always come through..BUT it was always the goal. Thank you for that! I applaud the current and past staff and especially the staff at the time when I marched in 90 and 91. Craiga...I still remember those Bermuda shorts you liked...LOL I also applaud the corps for keeping their tradition alive even though it has not always resulted in being with the judges taste. Brasso, I could not have said it any better than you did here. Thanks for your kind words.

I almost forgot...purenjoyment that was a wonderful compliment from the other post THANK YOU VERY MUCH for that :)