2010 Rankings

I don't remember 11 in 99 tho. maybe the rain wiped it from my memory

10 finalists in 1999.

I'm pretty sure the Kilties and Chieftains.... the 11th and 12th-place corps from prelims in Open Class that year....performed in exhibition that night, as did the Class A champ Skyliners.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked the comparison of the above 3 corps because they were all in the same scoring group.

It is kind of disturbing to me,that all 3 years the Kilties were the only group of the 3 to take a significant drop in scores between the last reg.season show and prelims.

Thanks for the support, jeff. Yeah, it has become a very disturbing and confusing trend....they have also gotten significantly better each year since 2000, but their scores do not reflect that growth.

I talked to people the last few years in Rochester from the corps who straight out said on Saturday night or Sunday, that they only had themselves to blame for their scores going down. That in each case they didn't do their best performance of the season that day for whatever reason. That's not spectators saying that, that is from the corps' own members.

Take that for what it is...

I talked to people the last few years in Rochester from the corps who straight out said on Saturday night or Sunday, that they only had themselves to blame for their scores going down. That in each case they didn't do their best performance of the season that day for whatever reason. That's not spectators saying that, that is from the corps' own members.

and you would be right liz. people have a hard time blaming others for their shortcomings. when it's time to shine it's not time to choke. and i do remember one year that my corps choked and it hurt but we knew it.

Vigilantes got scores last weekend. How come the front post hasn't been updated with that information?

Vigilantes got scores last weekend. How come the front post hasn't been updated with that information?

Spandy must be on vacation...

I have been reading complaints about scoring from all sorts of corps all summer but now I'm fairly certain if a current Kiltie weighs in and complains the usual suspects will come out of the woodwork and say we're whining.

Not for nothing Liz but not everyone has their best show every night and that tends to color their perspective. I can remember coming off the field with the Scouts at DCI East prelims in 78 thinking we had blown it. We won prelims. (with the highest score of the year at that point)

2009 Kilties performance was unequivocally the best of the year. And we were truly surprised that we didnt make top 10 last year. Go back and read the contemporaneous commentary during prelims last year on DCP. The opinions written there were in my experience repeated by practically everyone Ive spoken to and that includes some knowledgeable DCA people.

So without dealing with other corps performances which of course figure in, I just want to say despite you talking to a couple people who didnt have their best performance, as a group the Kilties were definitely on their A game (such as it is) in 09.

One show score doesnt invalidate an entire season so we groused about it for a bit and had a nice party anyway. As for 2010 I think we wont embarass ourselves and we'll entertain some folks. Obviously we have learned that being seeded in the top 10 doesnt necessarily result in a top 10 score for us. Whatever happens happens.

Edited by Scerpella

And I was there, for a few of em.The general concenses of the corps was that we could of done better. And the corps took responsability ya have to.

But that in no way were we that much worse than our last show.

And being that way 3 years running. You have to admit it gives you a WTF moment.

It did me.

You can go up to just about any member of any corps and they will tell you they could of had a better show,or they had the best show ever. When you don't get the score that you you are going to say yeah I could have done better.

And I did write in my previous post that I know the "Kiltie organization" is not belly aching about the past.They have moved on are coming out loaded.AS are all the corps.

The statement I made was my opinion and as far as what I wrote was mine alone.

Edited by JCSeymour

And I was there,The general concenses of the corps was that we could of done better. And the corps took responsability ya have to.

And being that way 3 years running. You have to admit it gives you a WTF moment.

It did me.

You can go up to just about any member of any corps and they will tell you they could of had a better show,or they had the best show ever. When you don't get the score that you you are going to say yeah I could have done better.

And I did write in my previous post that I know the Kiltie organization is not belly aching about they have moved on are coming out loaded.AS are all the corps.

The statement I made was my opinion as as far as what I wrote was mine alone.

I should have said that as well....I have not spoken to any Kilts about all this...strictly my observations and opinions. I do remember in 1999 the judges' comments saying we were better in all captions then in 1998....but our scores went down in all captions..made no sense then or now

And I was there,The general concenses of the corps was that we could of done better. And the corps took responsability ya have to.

It did me.

And I did write in my previous post that I know the Kiltie organization is not belly aching about they have moved on are coming out loaded.AS are all the corps.

The statement I made was my opinion as as far as what I wrote was mine alone.

J.C. KNOW THIS.............(from an old traditionalist) whenever the Kilties enter the field of competition the fans are on their feet almost immediatly. I really doubt there is anyone, anyone, who doesn't want to see the Kilties in the night show. You'll always have my vote and I thank you for ENTERTAINING me year after year. Clearly a crowd favorite and I look forward :tongue: to seeing you again next week.

Edited by melligene