Carolina Crown-most disappointing Friday

everyones speculation here is entertaining, but incorrect< what happened was crown had scheduled ensemble till 5:30, right before 5 event staff told crown that they were supposed to be cleared at five for the band/clinic kids photos in the stands and pre show activities. crown then told the kids to set up for a run, and that for working so hard they were letting them out early..even tho they were being kicked out, then rushed out immediately following there run thru!

so event staff then started to clear the stadium.

furthermore crown has never entertained a closed rehearsal atmosphere. people are encouraged to come watch, and almost every rehearsal there are people watching! having an audience for the run thrus is something the performers at crown love. it is unfortunate for everyone that people were forced to leave.

Well there you have it... the real reason. I'm shocked how just how quickly this whole discussion( for the most part) went south. People ready to barbeque crown at the stake for something they had no control over. Well hopefully this story is over...ended.....done...kaput....finished....actually, FINIS!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Crown seems to be telling it's loyal and long time fans that it doesn't need or want them any more, they have now reached the "big time".

Fan: You've changed, Crown. It used to be about the music!

Crown: Slag off! (hurls whiskey bottle at fan)

So, the show sponsor REALLY needed the extra 20 minutes or so that it would have taken for a full run through? There have been a few incidents regarding Crown this off season, all documented earlier in this thread, that give the impression to the public that they are becoming a little bit too full of themselves. I think we've all seen from the BP oil spill debacle what bad public relations moves can do to a company's reputation. Crown seems to be telling it's loyal and long time fans that it doesn't need or want them any more, they have now reached the "big time". If indeed this was not Crown's decision, they should get out in front of it now and make it clear that it was the show sponsors.

This post is purely representative of your screen name. :thumbup:

Yes, the show sponsors need a full hour - and that's pushing it - to give the custodian crew the chance to clean the stadium before the show. Plus, the only way to "open" the stadium is to "close" it first.

Your comment about BP is laughable. I spent the whole day today with Crown, and they've agreed to swing back and do our show on the seventh - a feat that requires a 6 hour run after Cumberland. I see the Crown PR first-hand, and your comparison couldn't be farther off the mark.

The appearance to you may be Crown is trying to blow off it's legacy fans, but I can tell you that there's no evidence to support your contention.

A few people in Normal not understanding the logistics of a show and being disappointed doesn't require Crown to make a formal, public statement. Two people today thought the clinic was going to include a run-through and they came to see the show (didn't even have kids in band!) They were disappointed and we gave them their $5 back. Should Crown make a public statement about that as well? Or should we, the show staff, take out an ad in the paper to apologize?

Your contention is wrong, your supposition is wrong, and your solution is ludicrous, all IMO of course.

:rolleyes:

Edited by garfield

everyones speculation here is entertaining, but incorrect< what happened was crown had scheduled ensemble till 5:30, right before 5 event staff told crown that they were supposed to be cleared at five for the band/clinic kids photos in the stands and pre show activities. crown then told the kids to set up for a run, and that for working so hard they were letting them out early..even tho they were being kicked out, then rushed out immediately following there run thru!

so event staff then started to clear the stadium.

furthermore crown has never entertained a closed rehearsal atmosphere. people are encouraged to come watch, and almost every rehearsal there are people watching! having an audience for the run thrus is something the performers at crown love. it is unfortunate for everyone that people were forced to leave.

Are you Crown staff? I'd like to know your source info.

Are you saying they did do a run-through then rushed out? That conflicts with the OP's contention.

If your contention is true then the event staff screwed up and Crown had nothing to do with it. Again, I suggest the OP contact event staff before condemning Crown.

Crown get over yourselves. A few years ago you would have been happy to have anyone watch your practice.

Arrogance at its best. This whole G-7 thing really went to their heads.

I smell something....oh wait....IT'S A TROLL!

:rolleyes:

Crown get over yourselves. A few years ago you would have been happy to have anyone watch your practice.

Arrogance at its best. This whole G-7 thing really went to their heads.

Flame bait. In before the close...

Oh, he does not! :rolleyes:

Well, someone on dcp said he does kick puppies, so obviously Fiedler kicks puppies.