Top 12...Is It Already Set?

I know things can sure change, but do ya'll see any of the current Top 12 as listed below falling back and any of the corps in the 13th-17th range having something up their sleeve to break into the Top 12? There is a gap in scores between #12 and #13 right now and based on reviews, I'm don't see any of these current finalists falling out of a Saturday night performance.

Current Top 12 (no particular order)

Crown

Blue Devils

SCV

Boston

Blue Stars

Bluecoats

Cavaliers

Cadets

Phantom Regiment

Glassmen

Blue Knights

Madison Scouts

Outside the Top 12 Looking In

Spirit

Crossmen

Troopers

Academy

Colts

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know things can sure change, but do ya'll see any of the current Top 12 as listed below falling back and any of the corps in the 13th-17th range having something up their sleeve to break into the Top 12? There is a gap in scores between #12 and #13 right now and based on reviews, I'm don't see any of these current finalists falling out of a Saturday night performance.

Current Top 12 (no particular order)

Crown

Blue Devils

SCV

Boston

Blue Stars

Bluecoats

Cavaliers

Cadets

Phantom Regiment

Glassmen

Blue Knights

Madison Scouts

Outside the Top 12 Looking In

Spirit

Crossmen

Troopers

Academy

Colts

Agreed. :tongue:

Alot of people will tell you the top 12 were set before the first show in June. Others will argue that you can't compare scores across the board. Others will say that these scores so far mean nothing, as there isn't even a full judging panel. You will hear much about the head to head competition.

My guess is that 11 of the 12 are set as you have them. I think the only corps that could have a worry would be Glassmen. And the corps they would have to worry about.. the Colts. Colts were robbed last year by what should have been a 17th place Troopers. At this point I would not put Colts above Glassmen, however, I think their show might have a little more potential by August to improve than Glassmen. And to be honest, I have the feeling if they were even within a point of Glassmen at the end of the season, they would probably end up with that last finals spot.

No, I don't see any of them falling out.

The only corps outside of the top 12 right now that I could see possibly pushing into it would be Academy. Their show seems to be very difficult, and extremely dirty, yet their scores are not too many points away from Madison/Glassmen..... but one of those two corps would have to be knocked out and I don't really see that happening.

Alot of people will tell you the top 12 were set before the first show in June. Others will argue that you can't compare scores across the board. Others will say that these scores so far mean nothing, as there isn't even a full judging panel. You will hear much about the head to head competition.

My guess is that 11 of the 12 are set as you have them. I think the only corps that could have a worry would be Glassmen. And the corps they would have to worry about.. the Colts. Colts were robbed last year by what should have been a 17th place Troopers. At this point I would not put Colts above Glassmen, however, I think their show might have a little more potential by August to improve than Glassmen. And to be honest, I have the feeling if they were even within a point of Glassmen at the end of the season, they would probably end up with that last finals spot.

lets look at the last 5 years. how many finals have Glassmen missed and how many have Madison? Lets look at this year who has won the head-to-heads more. If anyone is to not make it by statistics its going to be Madison. But as of right now i believe top 12 is set.

edit- even before the season you put Glassmen out of finals so you obviously have some beef with them.

Edited by BigPapiBass5

I have read some pretty outlandish things here on DCP, but this has to take the cake!

IIRC, the Crossmen thought that the top 12 was set in stone a couple of years back and turned in rather lackluster and flat performances at QF and Semis and pretty much gave the Scouts a 12th on a golden platter with a beautiful bow tied around it. All they needed to do was throw in a brand new AMG Mercedes Black Edition to complete the gift they so happily gave away....

I wouldn't be assuming a thing if I were on the bubble unless you want the season to end early and watch finals from the stands. A horribly foolish assumption to ever make in this activity unless one is comfortable with losing to more motivated opposition.

IIRC, the Crossmen thought that the top 12 was set in stone a couple of years back and turned in rather lackluster and flat performances at QF and Semis and pretty much gave the Scouts a 12th on a golden platter with a beautiful bow tied around it. All they needed to do was throw in a brand new AMG Mercedes Black Edition to complete the gift they so happily gave away....

I wouldn't be assuming a thing if I were on the bubble unless you want the season to end early and watch finals from the stands. A horribly foolish assumption to ever make in this activity unless one is comfortable with losing to more motivated opposition.

there was a .05 difference between 12th and 13th and 2.5 between 11th and 12th.

best way to look at it http://dciscores.com/world/?year=2008