Spirit 72.3

Crossmen 72.1

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess "boxingfred" wasn't able to go to the show. :smile:

Man, I'm at home going thru drum corps detox. I thought about going to Pittsburgh ( only 3 hours away) but if I go to another show before Saturday, I'm going to have to look for a new girlfriend.

Wow, Cavies went up to Crowns score from last night.

Great Job Scouts! Keep Climbing.

Man, I'm at home going thru drum corps detox. I thought about going to Pittsburgh ( only 3 hours away) but if I go to another show before Saturday, I'm going to have to look for a new girlfriend.

3 HOURS??? I WOULD HAVE TAKEN THAT DRIVE!!!

We are just a font of great historical information here on DCP.... ( haha!)

Hey, this is another terrific find.... thanks, SKEK SOP.

Boston actually beat the Cavaliers in 3 out of 4 meetings in 1967, by more than 3 points in each instance. The AL at Fenway was a heartbreaking loss for a corps which probably had the highest winning percentage in the activity from 1964 through 1970, winning everything except the AL or VFW. They certainly weren't known for playing the game in those days, and paid the price on the scoring sheets more than once. They are remembered as an innovative balls to the wall drum corps, populated by street-wise kids primarily from Dorchester, Hyde Park and Southie, with many other Mass towns contributing talent, as well as a few brave souls (zealots) from other states and even Canada. The great Denon arrangements, the outlandish Shellmer drum charts and that double barrel booming bass which revolutionized marching percussion, all contributed to that history.

As for the Cavaliers, the Crusaders in those days wanted to beat no one more, with the possible exception of SAC, because they were a truly great corps, and a class organization, as they still are. What is most ironic about the current roster of corps, is that such a high percentage is populated by corps who were champions 43 years ago, and most of the rest were in business at the same time.

Cha-chi works fast.

...and it's only the beginning. ( We hope )

3 HOURS??? I WOULD HAVE TAKEN THAT DRIVE!!!

I'd come back home and my bags would be on the steps and she'd make a bonfire out of my drum corps shirts.