Do you think Richard Saucedo is being tough on the Cavies' judging

Do you think Richard Saucedo is being tough on the Cavies' judging due to his past ties to the corps?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Richard Saucedo is being tough on the Cavies' judging due to his past ties to the corps?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Care
    • Dumb Question

It seems to me that his scores for the Cavies in various captions have been substandard. What are your thoughts on the matter? Is he trying to protect himself from accusations of "favoring" the Cavaliers over other corps?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No... For one its normal for Phantom Regiment beating cavies in music. (well at least I think so) I say he did a great job with all the scores. And I am sure he graded everyone for how they performed not by biased means... but never the less I am happy with all the scores tonight! Everyone is moving on up!

It seems to me that his scores for the Cavies in various captions have been substandard. What are your thoughts on the matter? Is he trying to protect himself from accusations of "favoring" the Cavaliers over other corps?

I know the former Cavaliers brass guru didn't particularly like the Boston Crusaders brass line tonite, that's for sure.

Edited by BRASSO

I know the former Cavaliers brass guru didn't particularly like the Boston Crusaders brass line tonite, that's for sure.

Which I found a little surprising considering I thought that was one of their stronger sections this year for sure...

Which I found a little surprising considering I thought that was one of their stronger sections this year for sure...

You're not the only one surprised, Liahona. Maybe Boston had an off night in their music enemble recognitions (or maybe Saucedo did...who knows ) But yes, it has been one of Boston's strength up to tonite. The midwest Corps of Cavs, Phantom, Madison Scouts did well with Saucedo tonite. The East Coast Corps all apparently had off nights in music ensemble as they got positively hammered by Richard Saucedo. But maybe he got it right... who knows.... who cares.

Actually, he is proving himself as a judge........Cavies have some early season issues with brass performance, ensemble, and music effect, and he's made the proper calls, not only involving Cavies, but calls involving other corps as well. I appreciate a judge who judges the show "that night, that show"....as opposed to basing things on last night, last week, or last year, as some do. I wasn't a huge fan of his arrangements, but my respect for him as a judge is growing rapidly.

GB

IIRC, he put Phantom BELOW Cavies in a music caption at an earlier show this season, which tells me he's probably doing the right thing:

Being a professional, and judging exactly what's in front of him.

...and I'm glad!

EDIT: Nevermind.

http://www.dci.org/scores/recap/view.cfm?e...7d-d8927e9a6256

He put Cavies brass behind both Bluecoats and Crown...last night...

...d'oh.

In any event, he seems to still be doing the professional thing!

Edited by Room_101

he is a rookie judge making rookie mistakes across the board.

Saucedo is not a rookie anything. He may be new to judging but he was made a judge for a reason, his experience in drum corps. Sorry the Crossmen didn't score as high as you hoped. :smile::tongue: